Jump to content
NM Golf

Patrick Reed Relief Comment + Waste Area Penalty at the Hero

176 posts / 14657 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Has there ever been a Tour player so vilified?  I can't think of even one.

Yeah.

2 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

I just dont understand why the Tour is sticking up for him so much....

To the Tour, he was assessed the penalty. Cam Smith can't go around calling him a "cheater." I think they're right about that. Move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah.

To the Tour, he was assessed the penalty. Cam Smith can't go around calling him a "cheater." I think they're right about that. Move on.

But yeah go after just Cam for something he said?  You have Bryson calling him a cheater on his Twitch channel as well. Feel like the warning should be uniform and not just going after Cam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

But yeah go after just Cam for something he said?  You have Bryson calling him a cheater on his Twitch channel as well. Feel like the warning should be uniform and not just going after Cam.

NHL coaches can’t keep going on about the refs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tour is doing their best to protect their brand.  They have to work with the players they've got.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Koepka calls Reed a cheater in an interview -and that Reed has a problem like the Astros

 

That's funny!  Actually he was destroying the sandcastles behind his ball.  Watch for Reed bringing a trash can onto the golf course.  Poor Patrick... he's got to live with this for the rest of his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koepka said that there's more cheating going on than people know.  I wonder what kind of cheating he's talking about?  I think he may have opened Pandora's box with that remark, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Koepka said that there's more cheating going on than people know.  I wonder what kind of cheating he's talking about?  I think he may have opened Pandora's box with that remark, no?

He gave an example of improving the lie with a 3 wood in 6-inch rough, then hitting a wedge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If your ball is in the rough, can you legally put your 3-wood right behind it even if you're pressing down the grass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

If your ball is in the rough, can you legally put your 3-wood right behind it even if you're pressing down the grass?

I think if you have the intention of hitting the 3 wood you can lower it straight down through the blades of grass, not bending the grass further back so you can make a cleaner swing.  Practice swing next to your ball and chop up as much grass as you'd like.  If your intent is to then actually hit a wedge with an improved lie... well, that's dishonest.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

If your ball is in the rough, can you legally put your 3-wood right behind it even if you're pressing down the grass?

You cannot improve your lie. You can lightly rest the club on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iacas said:

You cannot improve your lie. You can lightly rest the club on the ground.

That's what I thought.  So switching to a wedge at that point was moot, since the rules infraction was already done.

iacas, have you heard that there's a lot of cheating on the PGA Tour?  (I'm not sure if Brooks meant "a lot," however.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Herkimer said:

iacas, have you heard that there's a lot of cheating on the PGA Tour?  (I'm not sure if Brooks meant "a lot," however.)

No, nor have I seen it.

I think his definition needs to be determined. In a world where there should be NONE, if you see three infractions a year, is that "a lot"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

He gave an example of improving the lie with a 3 wood in 6-inch rough, then hitting a wedge.

I think I was the other way around. He placed three different clubs behind the ball before deciding to hit 3W. Kostis stated ‘ that shot wouldn’t have been possible from the original lie I saw.’ Something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...