Patrick Reed vs. the Rules of Golf

NM Golf

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

The moral of this bedtime story for your kids:

"Only your shoes touch the sand until you hit."

A pro should know that.

That's not correct, though.

It wasn't a bunker. He was in the general area.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GCLogo.png

Following his first practice round at Royal Melbourne on Tuesday, Patrick Reed...

Yea okay, Patrick. You’re the victim. Get revenge, buddy. 🙄

The fact that a jerk like him won the Masters just shows how absurd the universe is. I’m gonna be rooting hard for whoever he faces off against this week. Apparently my love of America is not as strong as my dislike for Patrick Reed right now 😂🇺🇸👍❤️

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

I've done from thinking this guy had a rough time earlier in life and was affected by that, hence some of the scrapes he has gotten into.....to just an outright jerk.

I don't even think what he said there was all that bad.   He claimed it wasn't intentional, and yeah it's a competition so you try to use criticism to motivate you.   But what ever happened to "hey, I didn't mean it. I screwed up.  Let's move on, and I can understand why people are upset."

—Adam

Yea considering anyone decent at this game can tell exactly where they hit the ball on the face for every single shot, trying to play dumb that you can’t feel the brushing of sand away from your ball with a wedge... twice... is just flat out insulting to anyone observing, let alone the entire golf world.

Constantine

• Administrator

I shall call him Paterpillar from now on:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

Don't touch the sand.

Perfectly legal in the general area much of the time. Practice swings, etc. are fine.

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

I’ve tried really hard to like him, but damn, he’s making it tough.

This is where I'm at as well.  Gave him many benefits of doubt and rooted for him, or at least didn't root against him.  Now, when you combine these actions with the almost identical ones from 4 years ago and throw in his comments afterwards, I'm out.  Can't take his side or defend him anymore.

• Like 1

too bad Tiger ran out of captain's picks.  he could have pulled in Billy Mayfair and had them team together.   how could they lose?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

—Adam

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

Perfectly legal in the general area much of the time. Practice swings, etc. are fine.

I am aware of that.  He still does not need to be playing in the sand with his club or bad things can happen.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I am aware of that.  He still does not need to be playing in the sand with his club or bad things can happen.

Okay, so, just don't ever do anything ever, lest something bad happen. 😛

It's perfectly legal for him to do a lot more than touch the sand with his shoes in the general area.

He broke the rules.

He got caught.

He was penalized

It cost him something like $750,000 due to the 2 strokes.

He should have called it on himself if he noticed it. I could speculate that he did but I don't know. The 2015 suggests to me he didn't realize it.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Not sure if this goes here or the Presidents Cup thread

https://twitter.com/dylan_dethier/status/1204237121147604992

Here is fine, but embed them:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1