Sign in to follow this  
kmarty17

Will this dent affect my performance?

17 posts / 1231 viewsLast Reply

Hey!

I have this dent on the bottom of my driver, do you think it will affect my performance in any way or is it more of a cosmetic thing? Really hope it's the latter of the two. Also would anybody know if there is a way to fix this sort of thing? Thanks in advance!

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

Edited by kmarty17

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

It'll be fine Marty.  I've seen a lot of ones like that where people hit the top of the ball with bottom of the heel like you did.  Only issue would be if there was a crack but I don't see one.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd tell anyone, that asks, that it isn't a dent but rather a "Vortex Cavity".  It helps to reduce drag and maximize club head speed.  The technology is proprietary and no further information, regrettably, may be disclosed.

12 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Sheesh, I don't  know if I could've shown that. Good on you Kmarty!

I think his username is a clue as to where that club may have come from! Don't get me wrong. I have friends who have bought clubs at WalMart and can hit them like nobody's business!

1 hour ago, NEhomer said:

Lol!

...not sure if serious but there's a story to that dent.

I was thinking the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I think his username is a clue as to where that club may have come from! Don't get me wrong. I have friends who have bought clubs at WalMart and can hit them like nobody's business!

I was thinking the same thing.

Echo everything here. The old, it's not the arrow, but the Indian adage. and, yeah PLEASE tell us the story...

It shouldn't affect anything. If it does you'll notice it your first time using it post-dent.

I bet an auto body shop could pull that right out....

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, hilmar2k said:

I bet an auto body shop could pull that right out....

I thought the same thing but they would have to drill holes in the dent to pull it out I think, may do more harm than good. 

2 hours ago, cooke119 said:

I thought the same thing but they would have to drill holes in the dent to pull it out I think, may do more harm than good. 

I was being very facetious.... 

2 hours ago, cooke119 said:

At what point would you consider buying a new club? LOL

I saw an Epic die over a tee marker earlier this year (an expensive demonstration of frustration, happily not mine), not that I suspect that's what happened here... In his defense, the perpetrator thought we was hitting a wooden branch cut into a tee marker (which would have been a little more forgiving), but it was cast metal in the shape of a branch. 

The Epic had a visible crack but lasted another few holes before it began twisting on the shaft (a result of the adhesive losing its grip... which is common from heel slams).  

As long as you don't plan to play in any competitions, play it as long as you want or it will go.