IGNORED

Pro Alignment Sticks

Note: This thread is 5152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

or u can just use golf clubs? ie, the clubs that you are not using at that moment?

In my Golf Bag...

Driver: Burner 07 10.5 Degree w/ V2 76g Stiff
F/way Wood: : J33 15 Degree w/ Aldila NV 85g Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 19 Degree w/ V2 89g StiffIrons: Tourstage X-blade 05 3-Pw w/ True Temper Black Gold StiffWedges: Oil Can Vokey 09 55 and 60 Degree's w/ S300'sPutter: Newport 2.5Bal...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that I can't find these in Canada, at least the part I live in, which has more of a climate like Seattle. I've looked for them the last while with n luck. My wife is heading off to Washington tomorrow to do some shopping, so I am sending her to a Lowes to get some for me. I use my clubs at times now, but I hate getting my grips wet, so I think I'll prefer these for sure.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

or u can just use golf clubs? ie, the clubs that you are not using at that moment?

The reason I don't want to use clubs is that I'd rather not bang into clubs. Also, as gogolfing mentioned I don't want to get my grips wet.

Those other sticks/snow markers at Lowes or Home Depot are basically the same thing so "Yes"...I did overpay by $7-8....but that is not going to break my bank account...I save in other ways :} For example...I can get a golf membership on a military base (with two 18 hole courses) for only around $700-800...as oppose to paying $3-5K at a local course.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

A little secret: You can use anything that is a at least a couple of feet long and somewhat straight.

Good think about the snowmarkers is they can take a beating. I have a drill where I put the ball between the sticks, working on a square swing path. If I swing the club at them, they won't break as fast.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What sold me on them was the "pencil point" that they are filed to at one end makes them real easy to stick in the ground for a swing plane guide. I used to have a shoe string with a tee tied on both ends, that was great for allignment, and it could be rolled up and carried very small.

For the question of if you are able to keep them in your bag during a round, Yes. They do not count as clubs because the alignment sticks do not have a head designed to strike a golf ball. Clubs are defined as anything that has a shaft and a specifically designed head to hit a golf ball. For more info on the rule, Section 3, rule 4 of the USGA rules of golf. Here is the link:
http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-04/

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

Wow! After reading all the responses, I must say, some people have no sense of humor. The "The tour versions are pured and frequency matched" made me laugh out loud. Anyhoo...

I have the Home Depot models. Here is what I use mine for:

1. Foot and aim alignment (obviously), but also use them to check where your placing the ball forward or aft in your stance by making a "T" with two sticks.
2. Today, on the range I put my stand bag in front and facing me and then stuck the stick (stuck the stick???) in my my bag so it would extend out to about head height in my setup. I then setup and swung with the rod touching my head to ensure I was keeping my head mostly still throughout the swing. Give it a try.
3. On the range, I'll stick one in the ground about 4-5 feet in front of me and hit shots to work one side or the other. So, I'll hit to the left of the stick to practice a fade and to the right to practice a draw. The ball has to end up on the opposite side of the stick to count. Does that make sense?
4. The rubber end is the perfect size for most grommets in golf towels. At the range, I soak my towel and then squish the grommet on the rubber end so my towel is always handy at waist level and right in front of me.
5. Stick them in the ground at an angle to check the plane angle of your swing.

Finally, be careful. These things are fiberglass and they wear over time and begin shedding little pieces of fiberglass. I made the mistake of sliding my through my hand and got a bunch of microscopic fiberglass slivers. Not the best thing to do before a round of golf.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

Go to Tour Sticks website. They are legal to hold in your bag during play as long as you do not use them during your round. I have a blue pair of Tour Sticks and use them before every round I play. They make great practice aids to make sure feet are parallel or practice hitting draws/fades around the stick. Even used in putting. I keep them in my bag during my round because they make a hell of a headcover holder
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

• 1 month later...
I agree with ping. I bought a set of black ones from toursticks.com They don't show the black ones on their site, but you can get them. I use mine on the putting green every time I practice and they really help me keep the putter head online through impact! I had some driveway sticks from Lowes, but the colors wilted in the sunlight.

I dunno about all that with the "pro sticks". I got basically the same things from lowes for $1.50 a peice..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Can't believe someone made a website selling these driveway markers and is passing them off as "Tour Sticks." Selling them for $15 at that. Go to Lowes and get two of the same sticks for $3.

Well you do get the holding tube...

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Amazing, what some people will pay for the simplest of items.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Note: This thread is 5152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!