• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • The OSU versus Clemson matchup,  OSU tries to run the ball more often than Clemson (63% to 53%). OSU's passing game is more efficient and explosive than Clemson's. OSU has a passer rating of 188 to Clemson's 163. OSU has a passing average of 9.3 to 8.7. Clemson has the best rushing average in the nation at 6.46 to Ohio State's 5.67.  These teams are very similar in yards per play on offense and defense,  CLEMSON Offense Defense Passing 8.70 5.30 Rushing 6.46 2.97       Ohio State Offense Defense Passing 9.30 5.30 Rushing 5.67 2.82 What if you average the defense versus offense of the yards per play. You have something like, Clemson gaining 419 yards to OSU gaining 412 yards. At these yardages, it will be a very tight game. Probably something in the low 30's. Field position could be a big deal in this game. 10 yards of field position advantage could add an additional 120 yards. I was curious if Clemson gets pressure with their DL versus their LB or DB's. 50% of their sacks come from their DL and 37% comes from their LB. Versus 70% of the sacks come from OSU's DL versus 22% from their LB. This could be a big deal since Clemson likes to throw the ball more often than OSU.  Here is an issue for Clemson, they are ranked 103rd in Special Teams. Their field goal kicker is 66% on the season. OSU is ranked in the top 20 in special teams.  I think that OSU will be able to stall Clemson's offense more then they can our offense. The reason being, I think Clemson will have to get to the QB by blitzing their LB's. Day is really good at exploiting defenses that need to get pressure with more than 4 players. OSU's defensive concept is to force teams to go on long drives with a DL that can get to the QB and cause TFL. I am not sure how often Clemson gets out of a 5 man protection for the QB, but Chase Young has proven you can not block him 1v1. He had zero sacks that last two games because the teams have put three guys on him. Will Clemson take away a WR to bring in an extra TE or OL to help out?  I will take OSU in a close game 34 to 31. 
    • For another 15+ hours: (ignore the price in that - it'll say $499. Click through and you'll see it's $349.)
    • I realize you're not saying it was definitely the Garmin, but I will point out that shafts often fail at one of two points: above the hosel and just below the grip. This device seems to go just below the grip, so it may or may not have been the device itself. I'd lean toward it being caused by that, still, but it's not a 100% thing (nor am I saying you said it was).
    • First of all the Garmin Truswing is an amazing tool that gives very accurate swing metrics.  So this is not a dig on the device.   That much said this is a consumer warning.  I have sr flex shafts that are graphite.  I put the truswing on my 7 iron and left it in place thinking I would spend the winter focusing on perfecting my swing with that club and move on in the spring to others given that I have single length hybrids to wedges.  My fourth time out I take a swing and the shaft snaps right below the garmin.  So friends my advice is if you are going to use one of these make sure you don't tighten it too much or it might result in some surprises.    
    • The problem is not hitting different types of shots or adjusting.  The problem is conditions can vary from one foot to the next.  In the situation I was, it would well have been possible that the condition of the sand where the ball was and your feet were would be completely different.  It makes judging what you are going to do nigh on impossible. I am OK with people hitting different shots from the same situation.  That is what makes golf great. I am also OK with challenges. What I have a problem with is conditions being bad due to insufficient maintenance.  I would rather have a course with other alternatives, even if it is a hazard, than an area that is supposed to be playable, but isn't.  To give you an example, my home course is built on a paddy field.  We still get land crabs digging holes on the course.  The understandable decision, a local one, has been made to offer relief from the crab holes on the course
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...