• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • And I don't know the details of either set of regulations, its possible that the R&A is going beyond the government requirements.  If that was the case, I'd really consider changing my vote.  Another factor, to me, is whether the requirements have been in place for a relatively long time, or if they're just recently released.  Its such a quickly changing landscape that the current regulations seem to have caught a lot of the "team members" unawares.
    • I guess if it is Government requirements the R&A has little choice, but still seems excessive.
    • If the UK is that concerned, maybe they should just postpone this year's British Open. If the Delta variant is roaming around as they say it may be a good idea just to not have it. I don't see how the restrictions they speak of make it any safer.
    • One of the great frustrations of the pandemic is the inconsistencies in rules and restrictions that the various authorities (government or otherwise) put in place. Having the crowds at 80% at the same time as implementing some of these other rules certainly seems inconsistent. As @DaveP043 points out, the situation in the UK is different from the situation here. I don't feel like I know enough about it to bash them too much. Making the trip to The Open has always been something of a hassle for American golfers and the Covid just makes it more so. I wouldn't necessarily blame a player if he decided to stay home.
    • I don’t think they are following the science there. We have to rely on that. I voted yes. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BoogieThumper
      BoogieThumper
      (45 years old)
    2. Chriasp
      Chriasp
      (30 years old)
    3. cpk23
      cpk23
      (30 years old)
    4. DON TAYLOR
      DON TAYLOR
      (59 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...