IGNORED

PGA Tour's New Slogan: Live Under Par

iacas
Note: This thread is 2042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Live Under Par  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the PGA Tour's new slogan: "Live Under Par"?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the new slogan more than the old: "These Guys are Good"?

• I like "Live Under Par" more.
    • I like "These Guys are Good" more.
    • I like them equally as much.

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Don't like it. "These guys are good" was great, though. Where do you go from there?

Agree. Why change?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Owch, that's just bad!  The trailer is childish and not something that the average viewer would relate to ... i mean seriously, stop with the pop-up tweets and emojis!  Barf.  The slogan itself is boring, fails to evoke emotion, and is definitely a step back.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Wrong "live" Steven.

It's the "Living Under Par" variant.

Oi, I had the video on in the background and didn't pay attention. if it was live, as in tv, I guess there would have been a comma, as in: Live, under par.

Live, as in living, under par is awful.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.16.19 PM.png

The way they cut the UNDER off on the bottom is cheesy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Horrible, so horrible.

Bad music, awful cuts and swipes, way too much social media pop ups.  It does look like a bunch of 5th graders made it.  Way too much money spent on this turd.

Here is what I see happened.  Some bigwigs son or daughter needed a job, they heard about this and wanted in on it and since they have no talent, schooling or any experience they produced this turd and nobody on the board spoke up cause they didn't want to hurt the CEO's feelings and now we will have to listen to this when watching a tourney and contemplate quitting golf so we don't have to listen to it.

:whistle::beer:

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Why have a brand statement that no one understands? And who wants to live "under par" anyway? The term makes sense in golf but sounds like you're living a sub-par life. -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

(edited)
10 hours ago, iacas said:

I really dislike it.

It's dumb. Period.

10 hours ago, billchao said:

Don't like it. "These guys are good" was great, though. Where do you go from there?

Yep

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

"These guys are good" is much better and that statement has never been more true than now. The talent on tour is pretty incredible these days. I guess the new slogan conveys a similar concept, but the older slogan seems catchier to me. 

What about everyone on tour that doesn't live under par? Those that struggle to make cuts regularly? They are still good (These guys are good), but they don't live under par when they are often over par.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Ugh, no thanks.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

10 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

Why have a brand statement that no one understands?

It's like explaining a joke.  If you have to do that, it was a pretty awful joke.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Stop it with the cropping! Some dude fell in love with the cut tool.

DalNVJcVwAEyi_T.jpg:large

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

LOL Westy...now I like him even more!

Diego’s Gear

Yep, not a fan. 

Also, what happens when we get the US Open and nobody's under par...? Does this mean they're all rubbish?

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

21 minutes ago, b101 said:

Yep, not a fan. 

Also, what happens when we get the US Open and nobody's under par...? Does this mean they're all rubbish?

They can change it to "Live close to par" for that week :dance:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

4 minutes ago, klineka said:

They can change it to "Live close to par" for that week :dance:

Live between +2 and +5? 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Live at the cut line?

Diego’s Gear

Note: This thread is 2042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!