IGNORED

PGA Tour's New Slogan: Live Under Par

iacas
Note: This thread is 2068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Live Under Par  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the PGA Tour's new slogan: "Live Under Par"?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the new slogan more than the old: "These Guys are Good"?

• I like "Live Under Par" more.
    • I like "These Guys are Good" more.
    • I like them equally as much.

Not a big fan of it.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Live par adjacent.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Foot Wedge said:

Live at the cut line?

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Live par adjacent.

Live within 10 strokes of the lead.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Live or Live under Par either is perhaps the absolute worst possible PGA slogan I've ever heard! The presentation is even worse! :~(

Fire the PR firm and question the sanity and judgement of the PGA team that approved this idiocy!

"These Guys are Good!" said it well, and was effective in conveying that fact!

(Sorry for all the exclamation points.) ;-)

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

On 4/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, Foot Wedge said:

Funny, I wonder how much money in terms of man-hours, decision matrices, and back and forths at the executive level it took to come up with something that a child could tell you is just kinda weird. "These guys are good" is short sweet and to the point.  This tries to pack too much philosophy into a tagline.  I don't think marketing understands "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

As for the emojis, come on how else are under-30s like myself going to be able to understand the message?  Any post on this forum that doesn't use one is basically Cantonese to me...*sarcasm*

I'm sorry, but a marketing company hired to fix something that ain't broke, is going to fix it anyway. Otherwise they don't get paid!

What amazes me is the lack of self confidence in the executive branch of the PGA Tour! Why couldn't they tell these people "What you've come up with is not as impactful as 'These guys are good!'. Do better!"

I figured I was being unnecessarily negative about the new slogan and decided to open my mind and give it a chance and watch a few promos and see it in action.  I also went to the PGA site and explored the new section tied to it.

I gotta admit.........

I hate it even more than ever now.

idiots

Bill - 

Living Under Par.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Not a fan of it at all. "These Guys Are Good" was WAY better.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

This one really sucks, I hope next year they switch back to "MASHED POTATOES"

:whistle:

I don´t like it, it doesn´t represent all the player in the PGA Tour. 
Half of the players in theirs stats lives over par. Half of the players in a tournament shoots over par and miss cuts.
"This guys are good" represent all of them and with justice, because all of the players in the PGA Tour are so damm good, not just the ones that "live under par".  

I get what they were going for, but at the end of the day being under par is good on the golf course, bad in life.  If you want to make a campaign about living your life under par, you might as well just have your slogan be "Exist Below Average."  Its the same thing.

I get that you're supposed to naturally take the leap to under par being a positive thing in this scenario because its a golf slogan, but it doesn't work, every time i hear this slogan I just think about being less than average.

-Eric

Change one letter, and you get Live Under War....like mixing Talking Heads with WWE.... Personally I want FIGJAM shirts and the joy of explaining what that means to people who don't follow Phil son of Mickel.  Maybe they'll think it's a new jam band made of members of Pearl Jam and Phish....if I ever get monogrammed (auto spell wrote mammogramed) balls FIGJAM is mine.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:21 AM, iacas said:

I really dislike it.

I do, too. It reminds me of the kind of phrase some super wealthy 30 year old would shout filming a gopro video while kite surfing two weeks before he's arrested for securities fraud.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

Didn't like it when I first saw the promo.  Weeks later, still don't.  From my golf game's perspective, I can't relate (only a very small percentage can).  I guess maybe their idea is that it's a little more transcendental?  If so, still not sure I really get it.  Boo.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 2068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!