Sign in to follow this  
Parrot

Best shoe for a narrow heel?

3 posts / 836 viewsLast Reply

I need a little help.

I've worn FJs for as long as I can remember. 13D. I've never had a problem with fit until I bought the ProSL last week. The shoes felt good on carpet in the pro shop. On the course was another story. The fit on my heel never felt right as I hit a few balls on the range. Add a bit of slope and it was10 times worse. I tried lacing the shoes differently and tying them tighter. I couldn't get the shoes tight enough. A B width isn't an option because I need the wider toe box. The toe box on these shoes was great.

Any suggestions? I picked the ProSL because of the reviews I've seen and my friends all love them. And the shoes felt good when I tried them on.

Thanks.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Was your problem heel slip? FWIW, my buddy and I both shopped the end of season "tent sale" at the local golf retailer. He was looking for new shoes and tried on countless Foot Joys to no avail. He experienced heel slip in every one of them.

It was only when he tried on a pair of Adidas, that he found something that worked for him.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/5/2018 at 9:41 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Was your problem heel slip? FWIW, my buddy and I both shopped the end of season "tent sale" at the local golf retailer. He was looking for new shoes and tried on countless Foot Joys to no avail. He experienced heel slip in every one of them.

It was only when he tried on a pair of Adidas, that he found something that worked for him.

Yep, heel slip.  I ended up with the Puma PWRADAPT.  It fits really well and is very comfortable.  I'm curious to see how the traction is when the course has had some rain.

I tried the FJ DNA (I was told it was the narrowest FJ) but it was still a little wide in the heel.  I could've made it work with thick socks but it wasn't all that comfortable walking around in them. 

I tried a Nike Lunar whatever and the fit was okay but the guy at Dick's said it was at best a one year shoe.  He said the TW71 was a great shoe but I couldn't find it in a 13 that wasn't black.  I'll wear black dress shoes but that's it.  I found the Puma before I delved into the adidas, ECCO or Underarmour shoes.