IGNORED

Caved-in my ‘17 M2 3W

Note: This thread is 1856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I think I caved-in the face of my ‘17 M2 3W today?

I’m not some LD champ, either. 3W swing speed was 104-108. Sucks, because this club was a rocket launcher. Anyone else have issues with poor TMAG metalwood durability lately?

Two guys at my club cracked the face of Calla Epic FWs last summer. I suspect it's an industrywide problem: in the bid for extra trampoline effect, the faces are too thin for survival.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good luck on your media campaign on getting it replaced.

• Like 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

Good luck on your media campaign on getting it replaced.

Haha not sure I have any “influence” much less enough to get some traction.  The pro I’ve been working with locally is with TM, and he thought they’d replace it.  We’ll see...

What's the warranty on those? If it is outside of that you will probably be SOL. If it was Ping they might replace it. They are super good with customer service but TM I'm not so sure. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

That's why I don't hit range balls with any of my woods. I have a bucket of real balls set aside just for that. Range balls kill the thin faces of modern metalwoods.

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I caved in the face of my Adams tight lies a couple of years ago.  I called Tmag and they sent me a brand new replacement (the ghost slot black and blue one) quickly and have it still.  They may replace it for you if you call them.

24 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

That's why I don't hit range balls with any of my woods. I have a bucket of real balls set aside just for that. Range balls kill the thin faces of modern metalwoods.

Curious, I know range balls are typically limited flight balls, but what about that is not good for the face? Are the range balls typically harder than a normal ball which is bad for the face? 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

Curious, I know range balls are typically limited flight balls, but what about that is not good for the face? Are the range balls typically harder than a normal ball which is bad for the face? 

Range balls are hard, super hard so they can take the beating that range balls need to take. And not all of them are limited flight.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1 minute ago, NM Golf said:

Range balls are hard, super hard so they can take the beating that range balls need to take. And not all of them are limited flight.

Thats never really crossed my mind but now that i think about it the sound of the driver with rangies is very different from proper balls. A much heavier sound.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I have to stick up for TM here. I had a 2016 M1 430. Loved that club. With the back weight placed on the front track and both weights up it Controlled spin as well or better than any other combo. It developed a crack about an inch from the hosel towards the face a full year and a half from manufacture. I'd also bought it on the used market.  

I called up TM, not really expecting anything as it was out of the warranty period, or at the very least I couldn't prove that it should be replaced due to buying it used. When I did I learned that this was a fairly common design flaw, I was NOT the first person to report this. The young lady put me on hold to see what they could do about replacement. When she came back she "asked" if they could send me a replacement head, a 440 M3? Duh! Above and beyond. She even asked if I needed it shipped next day. I told her standard method was fine as I had an Epic SZ for a backup. She then insisted that I get it next day, lol. I did have to send them pics of the problem AND I have another 2016 430 that was beat to hell when I got it (ebay purchase for less than the Rogue silver would have cost by itself). It to date does not have the design flaw crack in it FWIW. When it goes I won't even bother contacting them since they already made it more than right with their prior actions. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, RussUK said:

Thats never really crossed my mind but now that i think about it the sound of the driver with rangies is very different from proper balls. A much heavier sound.

Yeah they generally stink unless you belong to a high end club. I've always thought a ball was a ball but during a recent, very wind aided session, the good ones were flying the end of the range and ending in the adjoining FW. An equal strike on one that looked terrible wasn't clearing the line of trees that ended the range. Some of them barely made it over the 250 yard marker, a few dropped like a wounded duck at 200 yards. Those were the worst of the worst. Again, very much wind aided which is the reverse kryptonite for my high spin swing. I later played and the FW was hole 6's. I wedged all that I could find there back onto the range during this very casual round. 

• 11 months later...

Did anything ever come of your attempt to get TM to replace your 3W? Just asking because my 2017 M2 3W HL did this same exact thing yesterday. I called TM customer service and they said I had to take it back to where I bought it and let the club pro handle the return. I just dropped it off and am waiting to see what happens. 

My Bag
Driver:  
:tmade: M4,  3-Wood: :tmade: M2,  5-Wood  :tmade:  M3 

Irons: :titleist: 716 AP1 4-PW X-100 shafts

Wedges: :titleist: Vokey SM6 Jet black 50º, 54º & 58º

Putter: :tmade: Spider

Ball: :titleist: ProV1X

2 hours ago, mr47930 said:

Did anything ever come of your attempt to get TM to replace your 3W? Just asking because my 2017 M2 3W HL did this same exact thing yesterday. I called TM customer service and they said I had to take it back to where I bought it and let the club pro handle the return. I just dropped it off and am waiting to see what happens. 

A local pro I was working with at the time was TM staff and he was able to get replacement M4 3W and 3H for me. I think he was one of their bigger accounts, and was sort of doing me a favor, though, so YMMV. 

15 minutes ago, Kekeisen said:

A local pro I was working with at the time was TM staff and he was able to get replacement M4 3W and 3H for me. I think he was one of their bigger accounts, and was sort of doing me a favor, though, so YMMV. 

Thanks. Hoping for good results. I’ll be pissed if they deny replacing it as I only had it for a year and 5 of those months were winter where it sat in the basement.

My Bag
Driver:  
:tmade: M4,  3-Wood: :tmade: M2,  5-Wood  :tmade:  M3 

Irons: :titleist: 716 AP1 4-PW X-100 shafts

Wedges: :titleist: Vokey SM6 Jet black 50º, 54º & 58º

Putter: :tmade: Spider

Ball: :titleist: ProV1X

Note: This thread is 1856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!