Jump to content
gregsandiego

foot and toe position after swing

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I notice most good right handed golfers end up with their right foot on it's toe a the end of the swing. Mine doesn't end up like that unless I artificially force it so. Is this important to do?

 

tigerswing16_600x600_0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

10 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

I notice most good right handed golfers end up with their right foot on it's toe a the end of the swing. Mine doesn't end up like that unless I artificially force it so. Is this important to do?

 

tigerswing16_600x600_0.jpg

Well, his foot has to be there, it can't be lower back unless he consciously extends his right leg to the ground. It comes up with his rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, it should get there kinda naturally. The right hip pushes forward and up with the hip slide and rotation.

You likely don't get quite enough of either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

Well, his foot has to be there, it can't be lower back unless he consciously extends his right leg to the ground. It comes up with his rotation.

So dos mine, just not to that extent. I can rotate without coming up on my toes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

So dos mine, just not to that extent. I can rotate without coming up on my toes.

You cannot rotate and get forward while staying flat-footed.

You've never posted a Member Swing topic. You list your handicap as ∞.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

You cannot rotate and get forward while staying flat-footed.

You've never posted a Member Swing topic. You list your handicap as ∞.

 

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes, it should get there kinda naturally. The right hip pushes forward and up with the hip slide and rotation.

You likely don't get quite enough of either.

Probably not. One of my instructors was always nagging me to basically force it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

So dos mine, just not to that extent. I can rotate without coming up on my toes.

 

4 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

 

Probably not. One of my instructors was always nagging me to basically force it. 

My guess is your weight is hanging back on your trail foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, billchao said:

 

My guess is your weight is hanging back on your trail foot.

Am i that unique? I'll start paying more attention to the other amateurs, but I don't recall them all finishing with that toe just barely touching the ground thing....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, gregsandiego said:

Am i that unique? I'll start paying more attention to the other amateurs, but I don't recall them all finishing with that toe just barely touching the ground thing....

Oh no, not at all. That doesn't make what they do correct, either.

Looking at other random golfers and emulating what they do is the exact opposite of how I would approach the game, but if you're happy with your game as it is, just keep doing what you're doing.

No shame it that :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Oh no, not at all. That doesn't make what they do correct, either.

Looking at other random golfers and emulating what they do is the exact opposite of how I would approach the game, but if you're happy with your game as it is, just keep doing what you're doing.

No shame it that :beer:

Thanks Bill, but that's not what I meant. I just wonder if the typical amateur looks like that - not that I'd necessarily emulate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think that riding up on the toe would also offer a health benefit. By riding up on the toe, the  golfer would not have any excess stress (twisting) in the lower back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...