Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Cap

Do you leave your clubs in your car all season long?

Do you leave your clubs in your car all season long?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Curious if you leave your clubs in the car all season long.

• Yes I do, don't really care.
    • Yes I do, never really thought about it.
    • No I don't, paid a lot for this setup and I like to take care of my clubs.
    • No I don't, never thought much about it, they just take up too much space.

61 posts / 5823 viewsLast Reply

I leave my clubs in the car all summer and when I was laid up they lived in a hot AF garage. In the winter they lived in a drafty old garage so I saw a temp swing the past 25 years of -10f to 105f and none of my clubs were ever affected by temperature extremes. I broke one shaft on a 25 year old graphite driver and there's no way that was weather related. If i didn't carry clubs, i'd never play. A friend or the GF may call and ask if I'm willing to go out after work and I'm ready. If I had to go all the way home, it wastes too much time. Just like my guitars and tools, golf clubs are tools and should be used. I have thousands invested in tools, thousands in clubs and tens of thousands in instruments and while I don't abuse them, they're not queens. There's nothing better than heading home from work early and hitting the range.

Since my divorce, I decided to bring the clubs inside and put them in the old coat room and it isn't due to extreme weather, it's the damn mildew growth in the garage attacking the leather and the other fabrics on the golf bags, gloves, grips and towels. I had to pitch all of my bags after they sat for years when I broke my back.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

"Just like my guitars and tools, golf clubs are tools and should be used. I have thousands invested in tools, thousands in clubs and tens of thousands in instruments and while I don't abuse them, they're not queens."

My exact same feeling. Very well said.

My clubs are always in the trunk of my car as I either practice or play on an almost daily basis (Joy of retirement).  Live near Phoenix so heat is a way of live.  Have not had any epoxy problems as a result. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I'm at my place, I keep them in my car.  Odd, probably a habit picked up from when I lived in apartments.  Now that I have a garage I suppose I could take them out... but what if I want to practice on the way home from work?  

When I go to the desert, especially in summer, I take them indoors except when going to/from the course. 

I would thin that the heat inside a hot trunk or rear of an SUV could cause the grips to become hard and brittle over time. i don't thin it will affect the metal or glue. keeo mine in the back of my locked SUV.

Mine are always in my car.

I have 2 cars I use regularly, and swap the clubs to the car I am driving on a given day.  I never know when I may get in half a round or bang some balls, so I want them with me.