IGNORED

2018 The PLAYERS Championship

Zeph
Note: This thread is 2169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not at all true.

And so are your posts.

He’s the GOAT.

Tiger’s return is a bigger story than a one-off week by Webb.

What no welcome back????

Live from the doghouse.

1 hour ago, sheepdog said:

Just like around here, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, hey guys Webb Simpson won yet it's all about Tiger. Hey he got wet at 17, so what. Simpson got wet on 18, made double bogey and still won by 4. That should be the story.

Webb who? Seriously....

54 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

What no welcome back????

You were gone?

2 hours ago, ncates00 said:

Golf is not a team sport.  The caddie does not hit the ball and the player is the boss.  He makes all decisions final.  Anything else is just an excuse.  Eternal locus of control excuse.

Yea caddies memorize their golfs shots and distances with clubs, as well as pay attention to wind and lies just for fun. Just being paid to lug a bag...if that is the case then they are way over paid and the golfer's should just grab some smuck outside the ropes to loop for them. If you can't see they're a part of the team of that golfer I don't know what to tell you. Yeah the golfer has to hit the shot, but he can hit the perfect shot and still miss because he fails  to take one of the many equations into consideration. Some of those equations, a caddie will "remind" the pro of, just in case.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Webb who? Seriously....

You were gone?

Ask Tiger Webb who and I haven't been to this chapter of the Tiger Fan Club since The Masters.

Live from the doghouse.

1 hour ago, sheepdog said:

Just like around here, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, hey guys Webb Simpson won yet it's all about Tiger. Hey he got wet at 17, so what. Simpson got wet on 18, made double bogey and still won by 4. That should be the story.

Agree.  Unfortunately the Tiger slobber-fest is starting all over again.  What ruined him for me during his glory years is happening again.  Web Simson quickly became a side note after winning The Players in near record fashion. 

At least TST has an "Everything Tiger" thread for those who seemingly don't find the rest of the tour and its players entertaining. As for the media, perhaps it's time for a Tiger Golf Channel - a 24/7/365 source to see the second GOAT golfer.  :doh:

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

11 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

Ask Tiger Webb who and I haven't been to this chapter of the Tiger Fan Club since The Masters.

Not sure why you are back...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

Nobody noticed. And again, when YOU post here, it’s often about Tiger. You perpetuate what you claim to hate.

Post about other things. Presumably you play golf… the Tour-related discussions are not the most popular topics here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've been on another thread here today at the all Tiger Forum. One of the members showed some amazing tricks Tiger could do with a club and I admit they were darn good. The next poster insinuated that not one of the greats from the past could do the same. I brought up the fact that Chi Chi Rodriguez was great at that stuff too, I'd seen him do it, Did all the same stuff, maybe even better at it than Tiger, dunno. The Slammer had Seve like abilities with a club, he could use a 4 iron to hit explosions out of a bunker or hit a putter 200 yards. Hogan would never dream of even trying these things, he was all business. It was obvious that these facts were not known so I feel like I've made a contribution to the place.😎

So there.

Live from the doghouse.

25 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

I've been on another thread here today at the all Tiger Forum. One of the members showed some amazing tricks Tiger could do with a club and I admit they were darn good. The next poster insinuated that not one of the greats from the past could do the same. I brought up the fact that Chi Chi Rodriguez was great at that stuff too, I'd seen him do it, Did all the same stuff, maybe even better at it than Tiger, dunno. The Slammer had Seve like abilities with a club, he could use a 4 iron to hit explosions out of a bunker or hit a putter 200 yards. Hogan would never dream of even trying these things, he was all business. It was obvious that these facts were not known so I feel like I've made a contribution to the place.😎

So there.

Any post that ends with “so there” strikes me as infantile. 

So there. :-P 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

I've been on another thread here today at the all Tiger Forum. One of the members showed some amazing tricks Tiger could do with a club and I admit they were darn good. The next poster insinuated that not one of the greats from the past could do the same. I brought up the fact that Chi Chi Rodriguez was great at that stuff too, I'd seen him do it, Did all the same stuff, maybe even better at it than Tiger, dunno. The Slammer had Seve like abilities with a club, he could use a 4 iron to hit explosions out of a bunker or hit a putter 200 yards. Hogan would never dream of even trying these things, he was all business. It was obvious that these facts were not known so I feel like I've made a contribution to the place.

:offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

:offtopic:

Heh. Beat me to it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

“I think I messed him up a little on 17,” Spieth said. ““I think I messed him up a little on 17,” Spieth said. “He went and looked in my bag, and I had a 52-degree which is a pretty aggressive play. I had to draw it from the water. And then he hit one and the wind is going like this, and if he caught this, he’s a tap-in birdie. And he caught (the opposite direction). It was unlucky there.” went and looked in my bag, and I had a 52-degree which is a pretty aggressive play. I had to draw it from the water. And then he hit one and the wind is going like this, and if he caught this, he’s a tap-in birdie. And he caught (the opposite direction). It was unlucky there.”

Tiger then grabs his sand wedge.

Joe: Silence. 

Stevie: Whatcha thinkin’ Tiger? That’s a pretty aggressive play. You’ve been spinning it hard, wind’s been unpredictable. Let’s go for middle of the green shot...you’re putting has been damn good.

And that’s that.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Stevie: Whatcha thinkin’ Tiger? That’s a pretty aggressive play. You’ve been spinning it hard, wind’s been unpredictable. Let’s go for middle of the green shot...you’re putting has been damn good.

I have no issue with him going for broke there. 

Also, any shot that carries over that part of the bunker, the line Tiger's shot was on, will end up taking a big bounce. Lots of spin would be beneficial on that shot. This isn't a situation were there is a false front. I never seen anyone every spin the ball off that green. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I have no issue with him going for broke there. 

Also, any shot that carries over that part of the bunker, the line Tiger's shot was on, will end up taking a big bounce. Lots of spin would be beneficial on that shot. This isn't a situation were there is a false front. I never seen anyone every spin the ball off that green. 

Right. But the risk of hitting it short into the water is quite higher with a SW, which is what he did. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Right. But the risk of hitting it short into the water is quite higher with a SW, which is what he did. 

He isn't winning the tournament hitting to the middle of the green. If you do not hit it were he wanted to hit it, you get a 30+ FT putt that is not easy to make. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I'll be back to the Tiger New Testament for The U.S.Open. I'm glad y'all enjoyed my posts. Maybe iacas won't take them down since I seem to differ with him about some things. Can you handle another point of view iacas or will you banish my posts to a spot somewhere on the other side of the moon? The first thread in the index is WELCOME EVERYONE. or is it everyone that thinks correctly?

If Tiger wins I'll come back and say Good Job Tiger!!!!

If not I'll talk about other things.I won't talk about Tiger coming in 5th, 15th, 25th or missing the cut, well maybe a very little, i won't talk about Tiger and his caddy, I won't talk about Tiger and his bowel movements. I'll talk about what 85% of what should have been the contents of this thread..........the winner.

So long friends, see ya' in a few weeks, keep em in the short grass.

Live from the doghouse.

13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

He isn't winning the tournament hitting to the middle of the green. If you do not hit it were he wanted to hit it, you get a 30+ FT putt that is not easy to make. 

He wasn’t going to win hitting it in the water either. 30’ foot putt a lot better odds of making birdie than rinsing it.

20 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

I'll be back to the Tiger New Testament for The U.S.Open. I'm glad y'all enjoyed my posts

Can’t wait! Love to have as many Tiger fans as possible. Thanks for helping out! 

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

He wasn’t going to win hitting it in the water either. 30’ foot putt a lot better odds of making birdie than rinsing it.

Not really

Tiger is 195th in putting outside of 25 FT, he only makes 2.88% of them. He only hits the green 63% of the time from 100-125 yards. 

Scenario one, he takes the aggressive line. Lets say he ends up 40% with around a 15 FT putt at that pin placement. He makes 27% from around 15 FT. He makes birdie 10% of the time. 

Lets say he hits the green 63% of the time with a 35 FT putt. He makes birdie 1.8% of the time. 

The best chance of making birdie is to go at that pin. When you have a 4 stroke lead you go for the middle of the green. If you want to win no matter what, you go at the pin. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 2169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!