• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Another par 5 and sorry this is again more like "Hole of the week", but the good and bad shots seem to come in groups these days. This was only birdie of the round, althought had really good tries on few holes. Course was pretty wet since we have had so much rain for like 2 weeks. This is quite tricky to open further than 200-210m as it would require very accurate fading shot for righty. Hit a solid 4 iron off the tee (Red arrow) which stopped ~200m off the tee. I was in perfect position to attack close to the green with 3 wood, but I was still bit paralyzed off hitting 2 tops on hole two and I just wanted to get more good contacts to build the confidence. Measured that the left side fairway bunker was 210m from me and at first I was thinking of going with 5 iron to middle of fairway. Out of nowhere I managed to analyze the situation more; the flag was tucked behind the greenside bunker (bit more right and down of where it's in the picture I think) and there's alot of downhill from by spot. Realized with 5 iron I was in danger of reaching the left hand fairway bunker if I pull the shot and ontop of that middle of fairway shot would leave me tricky wedge over the bunker to narrow green. Quickly switched to 6 iron and aimed it to left side of fairway so I'd have better angle to attack the pin without having to go over the greenside bunker. The shot ended up being pretty much perfect (Blue arrow) and I joked with guys in my group that it was the first wise golf shot of my career. Third shot with wedge was lacking bit of commitment and pulled it to the left side of green and ended up with really long (9-10m if I'd have to guess) right to left breaking putt. Ended up draining it in and said it was longest of my career, the guys in group laughed that's alot of "career first" shots on one hole. 😄 The putt was probably greatest I've ever had, but still I would pick the second shot with 6 iron as my shot of the week.
    • Yes for sure. Have been going back and forth between that feel and the pushing from the inside of the feet. When I "see" myself do it, I'm seeing my belt buckle get closer to my thigh but my thigh isn't rotating to my right. Priority for me is changing how the right leg/hip load otherwise I won't be able to create any force into the lead side or create any stretch going back.  But I do have to work on both. For right now the left hip feel is similar to the right with the inside of the left foot pushing away, almost doing a skater stride or floor board slide. Gets me to loads the leg and "post up" into it. Brian mentioned that when he tests my right hip, it moves fine. He thinks I don't tilt/rotate IR because my left hip basically can't deal with the result of the transitional "fall" you get when the hips are tilted properly. So my brain/body figured out that I should rotate more level with the right to accommodate my crappy left. Not sure I buy into it 100% but I think there is something to it. Even though my right side can work fine, I have to train it to do the correct thing because it's use to rotating more ER, rotating too far and with not much tilt. This was yesterday, doing these for the first time. Cable pulls with my foot on an incline which forces it pronated. Compliments the corrective exercises I'm doing a couple times a day with holding the side shift lunges (holding on to a barbell or sink, shifting right/left with the foot pronated/knee flexed inside the foot and hold for 5-6 breaths). Then a few swings after, slower backswing into a fast downswing, taking advantage of turning on all those muscles from the cable pulls. Really focusing on pressing out with the inside part of the foot and belt buckle rotating into the hip, never seen my impact look like this.    
    • I have this book and read it before really getting into Moe Norman/Graves Golf. This is a nice book in which I think Mr. Lavern gives good details/history of Moe traveling between Canada and down to Florida at/near end of competitive career. Mr. Lavern gives details regarding the student/friend relationship with Moe playing/practicing. The book is a very good easy read in my opinion and a great introduction to Moe Norman. Would recommend this book before getting into more modern interpretations/teachings today regarding how those teachings believe how/what Moe did during his swing.  Not to get off topic but I think this book is kinda like  Moe teaching a friend/pupil by perception/feel through demonstration (1970's/80's) vs how Todd Graves learned through a different type relationship > had an established organization and some technology through Natural Golf based demonstrations/teaching models at a later period in time (well past Moe's prime / 1990's). Not taking anything away from Graves, I just choose to look at the topic/teachings of Moe Norman through a timeline perspective. This book is before the Graves/Natural Golf timeline that most people today know Moe Norman by. 
    • You and I have a lot in common.😁 I also don't like Seve...nor Bubba, Bryson, .... I can tolerate Cry baby Spieth. I also don't like Player, Zach J, Jimmy Walker, Tom Watson....I know there are others.😁😁 On the LPGA I don't like Wie, Creamer, Stacy, Christina Kim, Kerr
    • Good thing there are no restrictions on time travel.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Apoc81
      Apoc81
      (39 years old)
    2. crow esquivel
      crow esquivel
      (43 years old)
    3. easyjay39402
      easyjay39402
      (76 years old)
    4. JonathanJones
      JonathanJones
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...