IGNORED

Poor Lucas Glover

Carl3
Note: This thread is 1904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 hours ago, rehmwa said:

No one is bringing up the other side of the coin.  A guy that brings his mother with him on tour.

It would drive a wife to drink

When Norman Bates played back in the 1960s, he brought his mother....kind of.

Bates.jpg

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the part when she's finally shoved into the police car after arrest and says to the police, "Wait 'till the Tour hears about this ... you will all lose your jobs ... 

She sounds as if she's suffering from a bipolar disorder (she can't be like this all the time? or maybe she is), chemical imbalance, i.e. mentally ill. Good luck to her in finding assistance if only for the sake of Lucas and the children.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

15 hours ago, Shaggie13 said:

It was probably due to mother's day weekend, and hope it isn't a normal thing.

well,,,,, oh yeah?......but.....

that's just a very reasonable hypothesis and statemnet

so there

• Like 1

Bill - 

On 5/16/2018 at 9:46 PM, Shorty said:

Furthermore, I think it is great when these vile people are exposed for what they really are. She's welcome to go out and win a U.S. Open herself if she doesn't want to be considered a "loser" or a p****". 

You've only got to look at the WAG photos to see that there's a certain "type" that these players are attracted to. There's no surprise that it turns out this way so often. 

Agreed here. These WAG's seem perfect, not just looks but also doing all the right things because they are working on the bigger picture. These men just don't see it until after they are caught up in the web.

It is probably fortunate for him that she was caught doing this because she will more than likely try to turn this around on Lucas and accuse him of abuse against her. His mother I am guessing is a "nanny" of sorts. Hopefully he gets away from his estranged wife asap. No one, I mean no one should behave in this volatile manner, substance or not.

Secondly, USA Today is pretty pathetic for it's added click bait here...

USA today.jpg

The arrest reports also states Lucas Glover told the deputy his wife calls him a “loser” among other insults after he plays poorly in a tournament, and that she had been drinking.

With a home life like this, it's no wonder he is struggling in tournaments.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

On 5/17/2018 at 4:48 PM, rehmwa said:

No one is bringing up the other side of the coin.  A guy that brings his mother with him on tour.

It would drive a wife to drink

Or - someone has to take care of the kids while he's on the golf course.  And the wife is drunk.

• Like 1

I saw a pic of his wife, and if she's not flat out insane, I'll eat my dirty underwear! The eyes are windows to the soul.

Admittedly, she's had her trials as well. To partner up with marginal Tour pro and lug your dirty laundry and diapered kids across the country is quite a challenge!

There's a lot here we really don't know. And can't know!

5 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I saw a pic of his wife, and if she's not flat out insane, I'll eat my dirty underwear! The eyes are windows to the soul.

Admittedly, she's had her trials as well. To partner up with marginal Tour pro and lug your dirty laundry and diapered kids across the country is quite a challenge!

There's a lot here we really don't know. And can't know!

In psychological cases I usually advise against making a diagnosis without examining the patient.

But in this case I will accept your observations and see little reason to contradict you.

Clinically speaking I would not agree with the eyes on their own, but those in combination with the bleached hair, hair style, shoes, stance, dress  and severe underweight point to some areas of concern.

4C48E3D000000578-5732587-image-a-59_1526406439358.jpg

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

In psychological cases I usually advise against making a diagnosis without examining the patient.

But in this case I will accept your observations and see little reason to contradict you.

Clinically speaking I would not agree with the eyes on their own, but those in combination with the bleached hair, hair style, shoes, stance, dress  and severe underweight point to some areas of concern.

I don't think I have ever seen a Mainer painted up like this ever... 

IE9t7cajOljFK.gif

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

25 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Wow, she is skinny! Maybe with so many of the Tour wives being so hot, she felt a need to compete?

Yet no breast implants. Maybe that’s why she ridicules him for missing cuts ....she’s got plans.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:34 AM, Shorty said:

He seems like the friendly dude next door, her not so much. 

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

2 hours ago, djfajt71 said:

He seems like the friendly dude next door, her not so much.

She looks to be clutching her meal ticket. I can imagine her complaining about how casual he dresses.

• 7 months later...

UPDATE

The wife of PGA golfer Lucas Glover will avoid trial and possible jail time for domestic battery after completing community service and undergoing substance abuse and mental health evaluation. Krista Glover, 37, was scheduled to start trial in St Augustine, Florida on Tuesday over battery and resisting arrest charges after allegedly assaulting her husband and his mother during a drunken scuffle in May. Instead, as her lawyers claimed in court this morning, she has met all conditions of her agreement with Florida prosecutors, including completing 25 hours of community service. The St John's County's state attorneys are scheduled to throw out the case this afternoon.  In addition to the community service and evaluation, Glover promised to stay out of trouble and pay $100 in court costs. When asked if she was treated differently because she is the wife of a PGA golfer in a golf-crazy area, prosecutor Kevin Presnell refused to comment. The agreement she signed is usually reserved to suspects with no prior arrest. She will be able to have her case sealed once prosecutors sign off on the successful completion. She did not respond to calls for comment and her lawyers also declined to talk about the case.

In May, Krista Glover was charged with battery and resisting arrest, two misdemeanors that, at worst, could've landed her two years in prison. She pleaded not guilty. The incident occurred May 12, 2018 when Krista, the mother of the couple's two children, allegedly attacked Lucas and his mother, 63-year-old Hershey Glover, during an explosive altercation over the poor quality of his play at the Players Championship. Both suffered scrapes and bruises but declined medical treatment. Lucas Glover, 39, who ranks 72nd in the PGA Tour's career earnings with $20.6 million, had just returned to his rented house after being eliminated from the final round of the $11 million-Ponte Vedra Beach tournament when the tussle occurred. Krista, who may have been drinking according to the original police report, allegedly showered Lucas with insults, calling him a 'p***y' and a 'loser' before she resorted to physical violence, the incident report stated. The golfer told deputies his wife usually becomes angry and yells at him whenever  he plays a bad round of golf. She also told him 'he needs to fire everyone, and how he'd better win or [she] and the kids would leave him and he would never see the kids again,' the incident report read. Things got physical when his mother took Lucas' defense.

In a dramatic 911 that Krista originally placed to tell authorities she was attacked by her mother-in-law, Lucas eventually took the phone and said the two women were 'out of their heads.' The golfer identified himself as the 'sane one' and calmly told the dispatcher his wife was lying. 'My wife has called you...and now she's trying to blame it on my mother - which is not the case at all,' Glover says, while adding that his wife 'has gone crazy.' Glover then tried to prevent the female dispatcher from sending sheriff's deputies to the scene saying: 'No, I don't think anyone needs to come out here, thank you though.' Once he understood law enforcement officers were on the way, he told the dispatcher: 'She (Krista) is in the house with my daughter. And when the deputies get here, they need to talk to the male, that will be me, because these other two are out of their heads at the moment. 'She's gonna lie to you, that's what I'm telling you. That's why I answered her phone, she's telling lies and none of it's true.'

When the deputies arrived at the house about 8.30pm, they found Krista and Lucas arguing on the porch. They noted lacerations to Lucas's right arm and 'multiple lacerations' to both of his mother's arms as well as blood on her clothes. Earlier in the day Glover, a former US Open champ, played the Players Championship alongside Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson, and Justin Rose. He started off well on Thursday, finishing just two strokes behind the leaders. However, he started losing ground Friday and Saturday and did not play on Sunday. He was listed on the final leaderboard as 'MDF,' meaning he made the cuts but didn't finish. When Hershey Glover was interviewed by the deputies, she said she tried to stop the argument between husband and wife, but Krista turned against her and hit her repeatedly. Krista was arrested and spent the night in jail before being freed on $2,500-bond, but the drama did not stop once Krista was handcuffed. According to the incident report, she allegedly resisted the deputies and refused to get into the back seat of their service car by trying 'to tense her body and blocking herself from sitting down in the car.' She tried to wrap her legs and feet around the frame of the open car door, but several deputies pulled and pushed until she got in. Once inside, Krista allegedly damaged the car by kicking the door. At one point during the transport to jail, two deputies tried to loosen her handcuffs and she tried to get away. It took both officers to re-handcuff her.

'Wait till the tour (PGA) hears about this,' she yelled, according to the report. 'You will lose your job. This is why cops get shot in the face. Wait till I talk with the judge, you will be f***ng fired over this.' Lucas eventually took to Twitter to address the incident: 'On May 12, my wife and mother were involved in an argument to which the police were called. Everyone is fine. 'Regrettably, although Krista was charged, we are comfortable that the judicial system is able to address what actually happened and Krista will be cleared in this private matter. We thank you for respecting our privacy as we work through this unfortunate situation.'

A former Clemson University golf star, Lucas Glover has been on the tour since 2001. He and Krista were married in 2012. They have a six-year-old girl and a three-year-old boy. He was previously married to high-school sweetheart Jennifer Smith. The couple appears to have patched things up. DailyMail.com found Krista at home in Jupiter two days later. Lucas told us that day: 'We're working on it. Everything will be fine.'  

• Thumbs Up 1

not to make light of a bad situation, but...    The entire scene of her resisting arrest is hilarious.  highlighted by..  "She tried to wrap her legs and feet around the frame of the open car door, but several deputies pulled and pushed until she got in."

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Poor Lucas Glover.  He has exactly the same kind of domestic problems that thousands (millions) of people have, but his gets splashed around and publicly discussed for other people's entertainment because he was a minor golf star.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, Carl3 said:

Lucas Glover, 39, who ranks 72nd in the PGA Tour's career earnings with $20.6 million

At least he had this.. Domestic problems and poor it´s worst!!

On 1/19/2019 at 9:53 AM, Carl3 said:

UPDATE

The wife of PGA golfer Lucas Glover will avoid trial and possible jail time for domestic battery after completing community service and undergoing substance abuse and mental health evaluation. Krista Glover, 37, was scheduled to start trial in St Augustine, Florida on Tuesday over battery and resisting arrest charges after allegedly assaulting her husband and his mother during a drunken scuffle in May. Instead, as her lawyers claimed in court this morning, she has met all conditions of her agreement with Florida prosecutors, including completing 25 hours of community service. The St John's County's state attorneys are scheduled to throw out the case this afternoon.  In addition to the community service and evaluation, Glover promised to stay out of trouble and pay $100 in court costs. When asked if she was treated differently because she is the wife of a PGA golfer in a golf-crazy area, prosecutor Kevin Presnell refused to comment. The agreement she signed is usually reserved to suspects with no prior arrest. She will be able to have her case sealed once prosecutors sign off on the successful completion. She did not respond to calls for comment and her lawyers also declined to talk about the case.

In May, Krista Glover was charged with battery and resisting arrest, two misdemeanors that, at worst, could've landed her two years in prison. She pleaded not guilty. The incident occurred May 12, 2018 when Krista, the mother of the couple's two children, allegedly attacked Lucas and his mother, 63-year-old Hershey Glover, during an explosive altercation over the poor quality of his play at the Players Championship. Both suffered scrapes and bruises but declined medical treatment. Lucas Glover, 39, who ranks 72nd in the PGA Tour's career earnings with $20.6 million, had just returned to his rented house after being eliminated from the final round of the $11 million-Ponte Vedra Beach tournament when the tussle occurred. Krista, who may have been drinking according to the original police report, allegedly showered Lucas with insults, calling him a 'p***y' and a 'loser' before she resorted to physical violence, the incident report stated. The golfer told deputies his wife usually becomes angry and yells at him whenever  he plays a bad round of golf. She also told him 'he needs to fire everyone, and how he'd better win or [she] and the kids would leave him and he would never see the kids again,' the incident report read. Things got physical when his mother took Lucas' defense.

In a dramatic 911 that Krista originally placed to tell authorities she was attacked by her mother-in-law, Lucas eventually took the phone and said the two women were 'out of their heads.' The golfer identified himself as the 'sane one' and calmly told the dispatcher his wife was lying. 'My wife has called you...and now she's trying to blame it on my mother - which is not the case at all,' Glover says, while adding that his wife 'has gone crazy.' Glover then tried to prevent the female dispatcher from sending sheriff's deputies to the scene saying: 'No, I don't think anyone needs to come out here, thank you though.' Once he understood law enforcement officers were on the way, he told the dispatcher: 'She (Krista) is in the house with my daughter. And when the deputies get here, they need to talk to the male, that will be me, because these other two are out of their heads at the moment. 'She's gonna lie to you, that's what I'm telling you. That's why I answered her phone, she's telling lies and none of it's true.'

When the deputies arrived at the house about 8.30pm, they found Krista and Lucas arguing on the porch. They noted lacerations to Lucas's right arm and 'multiple lacerations' to both of his mother's arms as well as blood on her clothes. Earlier in the day Glover, a former US Open champ, played the Players Championship alongside Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson, and Justin Rose. He started off well on Thursday, finishing just two strokes behind the leaders. However, he started losing ground Friday and Saturday and did not play on Sunday. He was listed on the final leaderboard as 'MDF,' meaning he made the cuts but didn't finish. When Hershey Glover was interviewed by the deputies, she said she tried to stop the argument between husband and wife, but Krista turned against her and hit her repeatedly. Krista was arrested and spent the night in jail before being freed on $2,500-bond, but the drama did not stop once Krista was handcuffed. According to the incident report, she allegedly resisted the deputies and refused to get into the back seat of their service car by trying 'to tense her body and blocking herself from sitting down in the car.' She tried to wrap her legs and feet around the frame of the open car door, but several deputies pulled and pushed until she got in. Once inside, Krista allegedly damaged the car by kicking the door. At one point during the transport to jail, two deputies tried to loosen her handcuffs and she tried to get away. It took both officers to re-handcuff her.

'Wait till the tour (PGA) hears about this,' she yelled, according to the report. 'You will lose your job. This is why cops get shot in the face. Wait till I talk with the judge, you will be f***ng fired over this.' Lucas eventually took to Twitter to address the incident: 'On May 12, my wife and mother were involved in an argument to which the police were called. Everyone is fine. 'Regrettably, although Krista was charged, we are comfortable that the judicial system is able to address what actually happened and Krista will be cleared in this private matter. We thank you for respecting our privacy as we work through this unfortunate situation.'

A former Clemson University golf star, Lucas Glover has been on the tour since 2001. He and Krista were married in 2012. They have a six-year-old girl and a three-year-old boy. He was previously married to high-school sweetheart Jennifer Smith. The couple appears to have patched things up. DailyMail.com found Krista at home in Jupiter two days later. Lucas told us that day: 'We're working on it. Everything will be fine.'  

tenor.gif

Colin P.

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!