Sign in to follow this  
NCGolfer

Golfing on a (very) active volcano

8 posts / 616 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Can't imagine the air quality is too fantastic, but what are you going to do skip a tee time...I think not!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Can't imagine the air quality is too fantastic

I thought the same thing, but you have to consider the wow factor here... playing golf in the shadow of an erupting volcano? Check that off the list.

Plus, if you let these things disrupt your normal routine, then the terrorists win 😜

That's the way I want to go baby, hopefully when they recover my remains, I'll be frozen in mid swing.

14 hours ago, nevets88 said:

That's the way I want to go baby, hopefully when they recover my remains, I'll be frozen in mid swing.

As long as someone posts the pic on here so we can critique your final swing :-P

17 hours ago, nevets88 said:

gty-958952162_99902175.jpg?w=2000&h=1360

I've been to the driving range and had lunch at that course. It's not as close as the photo shows, but close enough. Luckily for these guys the Hawaiian trade winds are pretty constant and Kilauea is west of the course.

This is where I had my first Loco Moco!

Loco Moco.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • I believe I heard Joe Rogan talk that some MMA fighters use it during training. Not heavy use, but a lower dosage, and there seems to be benefit. I can't remember his exact quote on it, but I believe it was about marijuana since he is big on its legalization.   
    • No idea. Guess we have to wait and see. It's probably my favorite comic of all time. Haven't read it in a while, though, probably going to do it again now with the show running. Every time I re-read it I catch something I missed the last time. There were subtle details and clues explaining the setting. I didn't catch everything and some stuff I felt might have been shown for a reason (like the picture in the chief's closet as he was getting into his uniform) I didn't understand the significance of. Honestly the only thing I didn't like was that weird comic book block lettering Oklahoma! quote they used as a transition in the opening scene. The network kind of ruined that show by making it run longer than the showrunners intended, didn't they? My memory on it is a little hazy, but I remember that being a factor, and I believe they were writing the show as they went along that made it the convoluted mess it ended up being. My guess is that it's a byproduct of the event created by Ozymandias. Maybe they'll explain it more during the season. He's a British actor known for being the voice of Scar in The Lion King (1994)  I've been trying to avoid reading spoilers about the show, but my best guess is he is playing Adrian Veidt (Ozymandias). There was a newspaper headline in one of the scenes that said "Veidt Confirmed Dead" or something to that effect, so I have no idea how it all goes together. Seems to me like he's the same character. He didn't get caught. The US won the Vietnam War in the Watchmen world and it won Nixon a lot of popularity. He was still president during the events of the comic in 1985. That's Dr. Manhattan. He's a central character in the Watchmen. Not sure what his role will be in the series, if any. That explains a lot.
    • Buckeye... will you be there to explain to my head pro why there's a chalkline on his practice putting green?  😊
    • I'd be curious to know what the performance enhancing benefits of marijuana are. I am absolutely stupid, anxious, and 100% athletically uncoordinated under the influence of marijuana, so I can't imagine playing golf in this state. Of course, this varies from person to person. Aside from coffee, I don't enjoy the effect of any mind altering substance, so I rarely partake. However I don't have anything against those who choose to use legally or illegally, and at my home course I see plenty of people puffing on joints, taking whiskey shots, and then some. I also don't have any confidence in the anti-doping agencies to regulate use of PED in any sports, but I believe professional athletes are responsible for understanding the rules of their organization and adhering to them, even if the rules are dumb.
    • "Did you not read post #2?" apparently not all of it...
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Robert  D McCabe
      Robert D McCabe
      (57 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...