Sign in to follow this  
easyjay39402

Best ball for putting

5 posts / 2670 viewsLast Reply

I’ve decided to make improved putting my priority this summer. I’ve noticed that my lag putting appears to be noticeably better with Pro V1 than Srixon Soft Feel. Is this just chance or have you found that some balls provide better “feel” with the short stick?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Harder and softer balls feel and sound differently off the putter. I don't think it has an effect on performance, though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best ball to putt with is going to depend on the individual golfer's putting stroke. If the golfer can roll a straight putt, any ball will work just fine. No ball will fix a suspect putting stroke. 

I putt with an e6 Bridgestone ball, but once on the green, I could putt just as well with any ball. I prefer the e6 because I am comfortable using it in other parts of my game. 

Best ball for putting? A white one, with dimples in it. Actually, on reflection, the color doesn't matter, either.

I can putt well with any ball.

There's not really a "best ball for putting" among regular golf balls.

Green speeds change, putters even change sometimes… Yes, some people prefer the feel or sound of one type of ball over another, but you can adapt to anything, and putt well (or poorly) with anything.