IGNORED

Best Ball for one who loses them constantly?

Note: This thread is 2044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

This is a hoot! I can't tell you how many Pro V-1's, and V-1x's I have found vs any other ball!

Karma!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

What impact does weather/water have on a ball. I always look for balls in the woods or water hazards when there isn't anyone behind me. I am always curious if balls that have been submerged get water logged?

8 hours ago, Northwoods88 said:

What impact does weather/water have on a ball. I always look for balls in the woods or water hazards when there isn't anyone behind me. I am always curious if balls that have been submerged get water logged?

I did find this article though I don't know how accurate it is. 

https://golf-info-guide.com/golf-equipment-news/waterlogged-golf-balls-to-play-or-not-to-play/

I buy at Lostballs.com, their 2nd used category (4 stars). I get balls I like there for under a buck a ball including shipping. I've been using Bridgestone e6's in yellow, sometimes Callaway Supersoft. At a buck a ball it doesn't hurt so much to lose balls. The ego punch of a lost ball is the same, the financial punch is less. Haven't noticed much of a difference between used and new in terms of performance.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:00 AM, Hacker James said:

I've never hit a used ball.

So ... 80+ balls a round?  Just kidding. I know you don't mean putts, too. :-$

On 7/26/2018 at 8:00 AM, Hacker James said:

Also it is a known fact, the cheaper the ball, the less likely you will lose one. Just like comparison between Cross and Bic ball point pens, or Ray Ban and 99c store sunglasses. 

Off topic:  I've still got (and use) the ballpoint pen I kept in my flight suit in a different life a few decades back.  And my daily use pen is a Cross pen my kids gave me almost 20 years ago.  Some things have too much meaning to leave unused.  They're just important enough to me that I don't lose track of them.  That said, if I lose one of them tomorrow, they're just things.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Been thinking about this recently and i hear a lot of people say "Play the best ball you can afford". Now this is ok advice for consistent players who dont lose many balls as if you can afford to play pro v1's play them. The advice i would give to less consistent players who lose a lot of balls is "play the best ball you can afford......to lose"

If you buy a dozen balls lets say for $45 for every ball you donate to the trees thats another $3.75 you have essentially lost.

So, if you want to play new balls work out the best ball that you can lose without thinking "Great, thats another $xx lost". Many find that when they tee up an expensive ball the thought they have isnt "this is going straight down the middle" its often "I hope i dont lost this pricey ball", they tense up and the ball makes a break for freedom.

Golf is much more fun if you can stand on the tee and not worry about possibly losing an expensive ball.

The are loads of great balls on the market that dont cost an arm and a leg. I play the Srixon AD333 and its great (think the US version is the Q Star?).

If you aren't bothered about new then recycled balls are fine (A pearl grade Pro V is still pricey at times though)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

1 hour ago, RussUK said:

Been thinking about this recently and i hear a lot of people say "Play the best ball you can afford". Now this is ok advice for consistent players who dont lose many balls as if you can afford to play pro v1's play them. The advice i would give to less consistent players who lose a lot of balls is "play the best ball you can afford......to lose"

If you buy a dozen balls lets say for $45 for every ball you donate to the trees thats another $3.75 you have essentially lost.

So, if you want to play new balls work out the best ball that you can lose without thinking "Great, thats another $xx lost". Many find that when they tee up an expensive ball the thought they have isnt "this is going straight down the middle" its often "I hope i dont lost this pricey ball", they tense up and the ball makes a break for freedom.

Golf is much more fun if you can stand on the tee and not worry about possibly losing an expensive ball.

The are loads of great balls on the market that dont cost an arm and a leg. I play the Srixon AD333 and its great (think the US version is the Q Star?).

If you aren't bothered about new then recycled balls are fine (A pearl grade Pro V is still pricey at times though)

Agreed, I play with a combination of Chrome Soft  & bridgestone e6 , depending on the course and how likely I am to lose the ball. But when I do lose a Chrome Soft, I'm generally annoyed about it. 

Also , I think people forget to aggregate the cost and compare to this to other golf related financial costs.  How many folks out there are playing premium balls but skimping on lessons or club membership because they don't have the money ? Probably a few, and yet that £35 round is actually costing them close to £50! 

I just started keeping a new personal statistic on my score card "Golf Balls Lost or GBL.  This helps me keep tack of when it's time to go to the clubhouse to get more balls, or to just go in and drink beer, depending on how PO-ed i am. My GBL today was 3.🤩

Edited by 308 Ragin Cajun
Correct mispells

Note: This thread is 2044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!