IGNORED

Anyone in NC Ohio, Pretty Much any Thursday

Note: This thread is 2149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What I find really weird, you both live 48 minutes from there and haven't played it! Lol. Seriously though, it's a fantastic course and if you live within 70 miles or so, it's gotta be a once a year course at the very least. They must really stink at marketing if you've never played it, but once you've played it once I guarantee you'd make it an annual must play. I like it more than longaberger/virtues which at one time was in the top 100 courses in the US (maybe world?). 

The only issue with it is a couple holes are a bit gimmicky. There is a blind par 3 and a 225 yard par 4 (pray for par on that one though but a long hitter could have a go at eagle if they hit a perfect shot). That one requires a very high cut long iron to go for eagle. That's a hole that there are no good misses. I usually hit a long iron and try to be somewhere around the green and pray that I can get up and down. There's about 5ft left of the green that's a good miss but otherwise you are screwed if you're not on the green. No real layup area either except maybe Way left. You'd have a prayer there. Anything right, short, or long is dead and you pray for par. Again, hardest green complexes you might ever see. A pro would annihilate this hole but they could hit an iron into that 5ft gap on the left that makes it easy. 

Anyways, what a course Deer Ridge is! If you're on point you can beat it into submission! If slightly off it'll be a long day. Several driveable 4's. Several long 4's. Par 5's are gettable. It's a must play in this area. 

22 hours ago, klineka said:

@saevel25 came down from Akron last year for the weekend and @vasaribm came up from Cincy area too. I know @georgep is local too, not sure if any of them would be interested either?

Always interested in an outing.  Deer Ridge is 2.5 hrs from me, not very attractive for a week night.  At that distance, a couple rounds over a weekend works better.  I'm not available 7/22 but will keep it in mind if anything changes.   

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/31/2018 at 4:02 PM, klineka said:

The weekend of 07/22 is perfect for me, I can do either Saturday or Sunday that weekend. 

@saevel25 came down from Akron last year for the weekend and @vasaribm came up from Cincy area too. I know @georgep is local too, not sure if any of them would be interested either?

If 07/22 isn't the best date suggest any weekend day mid July through August. I'm flexible. If we can get a firm head count for any day in that 6 week span, I'll do the legwork. Morning round at Deer Ridge and afternoon at Ashland Golf Club, or vice versa. If you haven't played them you won't be disappointed. Both are top notch in their own ways. Deer Ridge is a mountain course in NC Ohio, AGC is a Parkland style course that is on the top 20 courses under 50.00 in the US. Total greens fees and cart for both courses will be under 100.00. 

If there's enough interest I could host a BBQ the night before or after for all. There are two decent and reasonable priced hotels within a mile of my house, and I could also house a few as my guests if you're established and have a good reputation. Since I'm a pretty committed to my job guy I've got enough vacation time that I could take an entire summer off and barely make a dent in the totals. Taking a day or two to make this nice is definitely doable. 

Post what would work and would entice you to make the trip. I'd love to make this a outing now at this point. Both courses are fabulous and mi casa es su casa for golfers. I've got a smoker that I'd have to say is pretty adept at turning out the best quality foods. The bar is always open here as well. So come for the golf, but we can have a heck of a time the night before or after too. Two perfect courses within 20 minutes of each other, two reasonable priced hotels a minute from me, and a good BBQ the night prior? I'm already in if this happens but I'd travel for it if I wasn't. I don't half ass anything and if I'm going to be involved setting it up, I'll do it right. 

I always drive by Deer Ridge and think it looks like fun. Unfortunately, I'm tied up three weekends in a row starting with the 22nd. Depending on where it lands, I may be able to make it.  

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Better date work for anyone? Throw it out there.

I'm also playing tomorrow morning, not the best course in the world but if you're free and want to join up let me know. Playing Oak Tree, Ontario Ohio. Tee time is 9:15. I've got a group but could expand it if someone wants to join. If you've never played this course, you'll love your score.... until you hit holes 8 and 9. The course is a wide open piece of cake, until then. 8-9 have wrecked more under par rounds for me than any other hole, let alone 2 holes that I've ever played. 8 is a mammoth par 4. Usually plays downwind but from the tip it's 488. Card only says 440, but GPS has it pegged at 488. No real trouble but good luck from that length. 

9 is a silly short par 5. If you're brave enough to hit driver and can hit a draw, it's an easy hole. However starting at 210 the landing area narrows to 20 yards and you must hit a draw. Straight will go into the woods. Overcook it, it goes into the woods. Way overcook and you're OB. I now play this hole, 6i/6i/w. It's really pretty easy doing this. If you hit that 10% driver shot though this is an easy chance at eagle. I played it this way for many years and have 5x as many double bogeys as eagles here. So far I'm loving the 6i off the tee approach. I won't make eagle unless I hole out, but it's really an easy par hole if you just play it for par. Good luck to you if you don't, lol. 

Hole 1, I have the most eagles of any hole I've ever played. Maybe as many as all others combined. It's a par 5 of about 500 that's usually downwind, always downhill, easy peasy green, and wide open. Build that lead though, there are hard holes coming up. 

Note: This thread is 2149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!