Sign in to follow this  
dennyjones

The most challenging golf courses in Michigan

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

This article was on MLive:

Most challenging golf

It lists the golf courses in each county that the authors believe are the most challenging.   I live in Genesee County and it list Sugarbush as the most difficult in the county.   I concur.   I also agree with Metamora as the most difficult course in Lapeer County.  I also agree with Huntmore in Livingston County being very difficult.  Take a look and see if you agree / disagree with some of the others.

Edited by dennyjones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I've played at least three of the courses listed... The Crown in Grand Traverse, Missaukee Golf Course in Missaukee County and the El Dorado in Wexford.

My current Index is 23. Here are my best scores and differentials at those courses...

Missaukee: 22.4 (solo round)

The Crown: 23

El Dorado: 22

The Crown has very difficult greens to read visually... maybe the toughest I've ever seen. But @dennyjones, you'd have no problem because you use Aimpoint.

El Dorado can be a little challenging but it's not that bad. The 91 I shot last year was somewhat of an anomaly, but I don't consider it very difficult. I think my home course of Caberfae Peaks in Wexford is tougher.

Missaukee is the easiest course I've ever played but in all fairness, I think it's the only course in Missaukee County.

To put it in perspective, the 110 I shot at our Michigan Outing at College Fields was a 31.2 diff. and the 108 I shot at Maple Creek with you was a 33.5 diff. For me, playing a course for the first time - which was the case with those two courses - is always a bit challenging.

Great article. I'll have to look through it again to see if there are any others I've played. Thanks for sharing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...