IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger must feel pretty lousy after that day. He blew it up on three holes and got severly punished. On the first he missed the green and ended up with a triple after making a mess around the green. On 13 he straight up four-putts from 14 yards. On 14 he finally found some tall grass and came out with another double. Maybe the wind played a role on the tee-shot on 14, but other than that, this is short game and putting. Putting can of course be affected by wind too, but still.

In other news, here's how the top 15 in the FedEx Cup did yesterday:

shinnecock.png

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

The 2018 US Open is underway! Now to find out how to get work done and watch the US open at the same time....

I had an all day meeting yesterday. :mad:And all this morning today. I am taking a half day to sit and watch. Luckily, the weather is sketchy today too, so I won't feel guilty about planting my butt in front of the TV!

11 hours ago, billchao said:

Holy shit what happened? Tiger was +3 when I went to do yard work...

Then don't do yard work, duh!!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Less wind today and the early birds aren't getting the worst.

shinnewearther.png

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

3 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Any predictions on where the cut will be? My guess is +8.

Eh...I'd put it at +3 or 4. But I can be wrong.

Colin P.

Tiger opened with a triple yesterday. Today he's got a good look for birdie on his first hole of the day, the 10th.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Any predictions on where the cut will be? My guess is +8.

PGAtour.com projects it at +5

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Tiger opened with a triple yesterday. Today he's got a good look for birdie on his first hole of the day, the 10th.

TV Must be better in your area.  Golf Channel has their "Live from the U.S. Open" and FS1 (which had the round yesterday) has something unrelated. 

Nevermind, found the USGA stream.  http://www.usopen.com/watch/live.html#!5797893165001

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Eh...I'd put it at +3 or 4. But I can be wrong.

You’re wrong yes.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Big thanks to @Zeph for alerting me to the live viewing, or I'd have missed Tiger's opening birdie! :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

You’re wrong yes.

You've been talking to my wife? 

Birdies the first. 59 watch.

🤣

• Like 1

Colin P.

The scores will probably be lower today, but if the cut line went to +5 yesterday, for it to go to +3 today the field would have to shoot 7 shots better, and that's not happening. If today becomes a day with still struggling players, but less so, maybe a cut line around +8.

Dear USGA, 

Chromecast for your streaming videos would have been nice. 

Nice par by Thomas, nice birdie attempt by Woods.

Just now, mcanadiens said:

Maybe 60 now?

No, he's at all 3s so far, that's 54 watch :-)  

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Did someone in the galleries badmouth the Tiger group since they started pummeling them with balls?

Okay, Tiger, that's not a bad place to pitch from (hole 12)

-- Michael | My swing! 

He seems eager to give back that shot and then some on 12.

Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!