IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Agreed and broadcasters seem not to want to offend Phil.

They've been giving him a sound shellacking. No-one is supporting his actions. What are you talking about? There's a difference between saying something happened that didn't happen and "not offending" someone. Do you think they should be lying about what should happen to him? Or say he did something he didn't do?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Who says it was a good shot?

I think it was Blackjack Don.....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

529 yard par-4 and he hits an iron off the tee.  

Rose with very few putts today.  So that's how you use very few putts:  miss a lot of greens.  That's what I do in Tiger Woods 2012 on Xbox when I need to have the round with 22 or fewer putts to get some reward. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BTW.....so what if Phil got frustrated, it happens to all of us......he was penalized for it....BFD

Edited by BallStriker

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

1 minute ago, BallStriker said:

BTW.....so what if Phil got frustrated, it happens to all of us......he was penalized for it....BFD

I believe the question being asked is whether the correct penalty was applied.  The arguments aren't "I don't think 2 strokes is sufficient, DQ him," but rather "I think this other rule also describes his situation and better applies here, and that one says to DQ him." 

I was trying to figure out why a company like Workday was advertising on golf -- I already see the logo on a good number of Tour players' shirts.  And I'm thinking, it isn't like I have a choice if we use it at work or not.  Then I realized a moment ago that I'm not the target audience for the ad, and a good number of C-level executives probably are watching this broadcast.  Influencing a few of them a year is probably worth the expenditure and then some.

Dustin Johnson's putting today, it's weird how often I'm saying this 6'4 fellow is short. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I believe the question being asked is whether the correct penalty was applied.  The arguments aren't "I don't think 2 strokes is sufficient, DQ him," but rather "I think this other rule also describes his situation and better applies here, and that one says to DQ him." 

OK....DQ him....that will look super on the USGA....I am sure Phil sleeps just fine tonight either way

Wow, talking about the chance Berger gets into the final group for tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Dear TV crew,

You just talked about Tiger holding off Rocco and sinking a birdie at his final hole in regulation to get into the playoff.

You then showed two shots from the third round of that year.

C'mon man!

-- Michael | My swing! 

3 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Wow, talking about the chance Berger gets into the final group for tomorrow. 

Not just in final group. More like tied for lead. Not the fairest of things but that’s the way golf goes. But there’s no way Berger or Finau shoot 66 in these conditions.

Ian's closing six involved bogeying all four that Jordan birdied yesterday!   If only Jordan had birdied more.

-- Michael | My swing! 

It would be funny if somebody at +8 shoots a four under early and wins it. +8 was the cut line, that Jordan gacked, and is now tied for 17th. That's pretty much what Berger and Finau did. I don't know, unprecedented? 

Wayne

12 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Not just in final group. More like tied for lead. Not the fairest of things but that’s the way golf goes. But there’s no way Berger or Finau shoot 66 in these conditions.

Berger sucks....I don't see him winning. Gawd the leaderboard sucks.....

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Ian's closing six involved bogeying all four that Jordan birdied yesterday!   If only Jordan had birdied more.

If only Jordan had parred the last two holes yesterday. He’d have made the cut and would have been one of the first off the tee today. Could have easily gotten himself back in it.

2 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Berger sucks....I don't see him winning. Gawd the leaderboard sucks.....

Are you serious?  He's like 25 years old, two PGA Tour wins (one of which he was a defending champion), plus two playoff losses... and you say he sucks?

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

18 feet from the hole is usually good enough.

It didn’t stop there. Again we’re Sergio’s water balls good shots? They hit about 18 feet away too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

It didn’t stop there. Again we’re Sergio’s water balls good shots? They hit about 18 feet away too.

The ball didn't HIT 18 feet away. The ball didn't stop, 18 feet away. It rocked and slowly turned, and rolled faster into the bunker. A bunch have done this. They don't stop rolling, until they are off the green. Saw someone miss a putt and it finished off the green down the hill. 

Wayne

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blackjack Don said:

The ball didn't HIT 18 feet away. The ball didn't stop, 18 feet away. It rocked and slowly turned, and rolled faster into the bunker. A bunch have done this. They don't stop rolling, until they are off the green. Saw someone miss a putt and it finished off the green down the hill. 

So who says it was a good shot? If it finishes in a bunker, it’s not a good shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!