IGNORED

Personal Goofy Rules

Patch
Note: This thread is 2109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just having some fun here. The question is this:

What "goofy" personal rule(s) would you like to see added to the rules of golf? Obviously they will never be added because, well, they're goofy. 

My rule would be if the golfer hits the flag stick, on the fly, from 50 yards, or more, it should be considered a hole out. A 100% accurate (lucky) swing should be rewarded. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you want to count a ball that doesn't hole out as a hole out, I'd like to call duck hooks into the trees as drives that go straight down the middle at a distance nominated by the person who hits it.

• Like 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

If you're counting duck hooks as drives that go straight, I'm counting all perfectly dry sand traps as Gur. While I'm at it,  every time I land in one I'm allowing a drop two club lengths from the edge of the green and closer to the flag.

But those rules apply only for me, not for my opponents.

Jon

3 hours ago, Patch said:

My rule would be if the golfer hits the flag stick, on the fly, from 50 yards, or more, it should be considered a hole out. A 100% accurate (lucky) swing should be rewarded. 

That would completely change the nature of what it means to "hole out"...it would be as as dumb as a rule that said you could putt with the flagstick in!  

- John

One "throw" a round. You can pick the ball up and throw it, toss it, whatever, once during your round.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

One "throw" a round. You can pick the ball up and throw it, toss it, whatever, once during your round.

That's a great idea! I would love that: I would use my throw from a greenside bunker, nearly every time. 🙂

If I didn't feel like I needed a throw, I could still throw the ball in the woods or in a pond after a bad shot. Ah!

• Like 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator
2 hours ago, colin007 said:

You get to throw someone else’s ball if you want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Edited by Hardspoon
  • Like 1

- John

14 hours ago, colin007 said:

One of the tournaments we played when I worked at Boeing had a "one roll, one throw, and one kick" rule.  It was also a best ball format requiring at least one tee shot and one fairway shot be used by each person in the group.  It was the first eagle I'd seen using the hand iron.  As goofy as that all sounds, those golf events were really fun.

As for a personal goofy rule, I say you have the option to mark, pick, clean, and place all shots.  Whoever made the rule that it only applied to the putting surface was not thinking straight. :doh:

• Like 2

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

20 hours ago, colin007 said:

Sometimes for bachelor parties, we do goofy rules for a few holes. We do a 2-throw hole and a 2-kick hole. 2 throws really add distance depending on the thrower. However, the soccer players I knew said kicking a golf ball is hard. Hell, some even missed the ball whem thry tried to boot it.

Edited by cutchemist42

Duck hooks into the trees I like that one. I suppose it would have to apply to slice er pronounced fades as well. Mine would be if there is tall grass in front of the green any thing hit just short of said grass would count as holed out. Sand traps are,man made hazards you should get a drop.

Automatic 2 putt if you hit the green.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

A: You are allowed to hit each club just ones till you hit all of them, after that you have a second shot with each club till you hit 2 times with each club.. then a 3rd.. 4th.. etc. till the end of the round.

B: You must hit your clubs in decresing order. 1st shot driver, 2nd 3wood, 3er shot hybrid, 4th shot 4Iron.. etc till the end of the round. After Loft wedge and putter your start with driver again.

My son constantly outdrives me, by a ton. I’d like to be able to drive the cart over his ball, embedding it into the ground and he’d have to play it where it lies.

• Upvote 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

22 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

B: You must hit your clubs in decresing order. 1st shot driver, 2nd 3wood, 3er shot hybrid, 4th shot 4Iron.. etc till the end of the round. After Loft wedge and putter your start with driver again.

So if you hole out with your sand/lob wedge, you have to tee off on the next hole with your putter? Brutal.

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

55 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

So if you hole out with your sand/lob wedge, you have to tee off on the next hole with your putter? Brutal.

Yes you have! or maybe miss the lob wedge shot on pourpose and hole out with the putter in order to tee of in the next hole with driver but with an extra stroke. It´s a matter of choise, distance with driver from the tee or distance between putter from the tee + driver from the deck. 

On 6/10/2018 at 7:06 PM, colin007 said:

On 6/11/2018 at 9:19 AM, fishgolf said:

One of the tournaments we played when I worked at Boeing had a "one roll, one throw, and one kick" rule.  It was also a best ball format requiring at least one tee shot and one fairway shot be used by each person in the group.  It was the first eagle I'd seen using the hand iron.  As goofy as that all sounds, those golf events were really fun.

As for a personal goofy rule, I say you have the option to mark, pick, clean, and place all shots.  Whoever made the rule that it only applied to the putting surface was not thinking straight. :doh:

Years ago I played a scramble that sold a "rescue kit" for $25. The kit allowed 1 kick, 1 pass, 1 punt. The kit also had 3 legnth of string which could be used on any hole. If the ball was within the string it was considered holed, requiring no additional putt.
We also had 1 "tee it forward" card.
This was the most fun I had on a golf course!!!!!!

Rules I want:

1 Mulligan per 9. I duff balls off the tee because of the conversations going on in my back swing. I know it should not both me, but.....

No pot smoking on the tee box. This leads to people talking during my back swing.
maybe I need to look into playing better courses, with better clientele! 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 2109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!