Sign in to follow this  
Saturday Golfer

Which Putter do you prefer?

Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 posts / 11108 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Ping zing. I held mine up to a Cameron studio 1.5 it is the exact same putter head for half the price. Performance the same also. Can't go wrong with a 2 ball odessey either. I have switched between the 2 last season loved them both.

I would get the putter that "feels" the best to YOU and that YOU feel the most confident with. The Karsten series Ping putters are probably the best bang for your buck right now, but a milled putter (Scotty Cameron, etc.) might feel better.

I honestly prefer milled putters.

There are a lot of great putters around but don't limit your choices by what is in production now. If you can find a beat up Scotty, have it restored by the Custom Shop. The price of the restoration is $165 and it includes a new shaft, grip, cover and makes the head look as new as possible.

My wife has a Odyssey 2 ball which is ridiculously easy to hit well. I have never used a putter easier to line up straight. If all putts were 10 feet or less, it would be in my bag. Lots of pros use it.

I'm trying to get used to hitting the new PING half CraZ long putter. This far it has proven much better on longer putts (over 10 feet) than a conventional putter; I'm no longer lagging my long putts, I'm actually trying to make them all now.

I loved my Ping Anser, and only switched when I received a similar Fisher from a friend. They're both great putters, and if I have a problem with one, I switch to the other for a few weeks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

love my PING

YES are nice, if they have a head you like

Scotty Cameron are overpriced in my opinion, but they are solid.

A putter is very personal though... use what looks/works best to you... some people find a putter for $20.00 and it works great for them.

Ive always used a scotty cameron putter... I prefer the milled feel of a solid putt. But i just recently bought an odyssey XG putter. It is an extreemly solid feeling putter, yet they are also very soft, but they dont feel so soft that you leave them short. (one of the things i think has plagued odyssey putters in the past) It just depends on what you think feels like a solid putt. The PING putters are nice but, i think they feel slightly hollow...something that a cameron surely does not feel like. Again, it just depends on what type of feel you want out of a putter... Im going through a putter phase right now also, so i know the feeling.... haha

good luck and keep us posted....

Seemore FGP. They are not a big name brand like Scotty or Odyssey, but they have proven results (in the right hands)...lol. :)

Today, and for the last several months, my favorite is a Natalie.

Others on hand in the near future my favorite might become (and each was my favorite at some time in the not to distant past) PAL, Anser or DF-990.

Yeah, the Nike iC putter line. I've tried them out for a few days and just said forget it, its the right putter for me. So i bought and im waiting for it to come in. I think it's worth looking at. Im not being advocate for it, but just a thought...

Yeah, the Nike iC putter line. I've tried them out for a few days and just said forget it, its the right putter for me. So i bought and im waiting for it to come in. I think it's worth looking at. Im not being advocate for it, but just a thought...

Is that their new putter that just came out that is only two pieces (where the shaft and the head are all one piece)?

I saw one of those last night at the range, it seemed to be weighted pretty well.

Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!