IGNORED

How to get a Lean Body?

adampaul
Note: This thread is 1956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Calories in vs calories out for me and maintaining some decent muscle mass. My workouts now are mostly body weight, kettlebells and I walk at least 36 holes a week carrying my bag. I'm down 62lbs from 4 years ago. My BMR is about 2300, couldn't have done that without working out. I do about two "cheat" meals a week and typically have two bowls of cereal a day along with two big bowls of fruit with peanut butter powder mixed in.

Per diet here are things I typically stick by,

- Don't drink calories
- Get in 25-30 grams of fiber a day
- Protein with every meal

1 hour ago, JxQx said:

Agreed. I don't think most people realize how low of body fat 8% really is. I mean most bodybuilders stepping on stage are in that 4-8% (depending on class) and those on the lower end of that range are a in extremely rough shape, it is super unhealthy.

Right and body builders work years to look that like for only a short amount of time.

main-qimg-e41484b72aa7bf01db8e1d5ceefd77b3-c.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
10 hours ago, mvmac said:

- Don't drink
- Get in 25-30 kilograms of sugar a day
- Protein as every meal

I like it!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, mvmac said:

- Drink your bread, it's more efficient
- Get in 25-30 kilograms of beef a week
- Protein with every meal

My modification of choice.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, JxQx said:

Agreed. I don't think most people realize how low of body fat 8% really is. I mean most bodybuilders stepping on stage are in that 4-8% (depending on class) and those on the lower end of that range are a in extremely rough shape, it is super unhealthy.

Hormones levels also play a major factor which change a lot with age.

Yes, bodybuilders on stage are crazy unhealthy. I agree with everyone's opinions on the chart. I say 13% or so is awesome! That's actually a goal of mine right now

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 7:43 AM, TN94z said:

I say 13% or so is awesome! That's actually a goal of mine right now

Aarggh, I’m up to 15% again. At 183 I’m 13%, I’m 187 now...

Going on a salad and meat binge again. Four slices of pizza the last two days 😜

To be precise, 187.6

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

(edited)
19 hours ago, Lihu said:

To be precise, 187.6

I'm about 185 myself. The bf % is all kinda relative anyway. I've had some friends that stated their goal was to be 12% (for example) but once they saw themselves at 15%, they were happy with that look. For me, the most important part of the whole getting lean thing is just to get healthier, and use pictures and just work on getting the look I want whether it's 10%, 13%, or 16%. If a person has never seen themselves at 15%, how do they know that will or won't be how they want to look?

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

I'm about 185 myself. The bf % is all kinda relative anyway. I've had some friends that stated their goal was to be 12% (for example) but once they saw themselves at 15%, they were happy with that look. For me, the most important part of the whole getting lean thing is just to get healthier, and use pictures and just work on getting the look I want whether it's 10%, 13%, or 16%. If a person has never seen themselves at 15%, how do they know that will or won't be how they want to look?

Sure, makes sense, and I agree with your assessment method as well...

I don’t really go by looks so much as having a sadistic trainer who likes doing these measurements for his personal “on the job learning experience” 😂

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I belong to the Carnivore Diet crowd.  I haven't had a vegetable or fruit other than lettuce, mushrooms or onions since February 1st of this year.  People told me I'd get scurvy.  LOL.  I consume approximately 3 to 4 pounds of meat a day, and I've lost 57 pounds.  No exercise other than golfing.  

I had no sort of "keto flu" or any negative symptoms.  I'd be in full ketosis constantly if I didn't drink beer regularly. I follow an epidimiologist on social media (Shawn Baker).  His job literally is the study of sickness.  Basically this...  

Beef, Pork, Fish, Eggs, Cheese, Birds  =  Human Food

Grains = Not human food.  Bird, cow, deer food.

Vegatables = Flavor decoration, consume extremely sparingly

Everything else = Not fit for human consumption.  If it comes in a box (snacks) or a bag (chips, etc) don't touch it.

By the way, my cholesterol level has gone down 105 points since I started this diet.  My skin has cleared up.  I sleep better.  Loads of benefits.  Just gotta clear the mindset that all this beef is bad for you.  Remember, it's only been bad for you since the early 1950's when some egghead doctor said so.

Inuits had one of the longest lifespans until we started flying in food from the states to them.  And all they ate were seals, whales, etc.  No vegetables grow up there.  You don't need fruits for Vitamin C.  The reason scurvy afflicted sailors was because they had no refrigeration system to take beef on board for extended trips.  

Your body was designed to eat meat.  It hasn't evolved to eat the crap we have been told to eat.  It's simply "forgotten" it's true nature.  Give it a chance.  It really works!

Sure, meat/protein should be at the top of the food group, but veggies and some fruit are nice as well. If you eat ones that you like, it might also make you feel better too.

You can easily avoid deficiencies by eating the micronutrients in veggies as well as simply eating multivitamins.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 5:07 PM, Lihu said:

To be precise, 187.6

At 183.5. Have not been to the health club for a Dex measurement yet. Guessing could be water weight...in any case whew! List those 4 pounds. Trying to get to sub 180!

Lots of salad (no dressing or just vinegar and olive oil)

And root vegetables like beets and carrots...

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

All the great "real" answers have been posted in this thread. 

I can only add what would work for me.  Less Pizza, Brats, Nachos, and cheap 🍺

More stuff like our dinner last night. Turkey/veggie soup, asparagus, and baked chicken.  Then washed down with unsweetened iced tea. 

Bottom line unless one has a physical problem that negatively impacts their metabolism, it's pretty much simple math. 

3500 calories equal 1 pound of fat. If you eat a 1500 calorie dinner, you need to burn off 5000 calories to lose that one pound of fat.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 11/18/2018 at 11:54 AM, Patch said:

I can only add what would work for me.  Less Pizza, Brats, Nachos, and cheap 🍺

Does... 😁

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!