IGNORED

NHL 2018-19

iacas
Note: This thread is 1767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Well this whole thing is going in the least attractive way possible.  I'd really prefer not to see the Bruins win The Cup, but that freaking Rask guy is just too damn much.

They are the one Original Six team I have a hard time rooting for after my Rangers bow out (or not make it in this case  LOL).

Honestly, after the ridiculous ending to the Sharks-Blues Game 3 the other night it's hard to even want to commit another evening to watching hockey. I have always enjoyed the playoffs but to spend three+ hours watching a game only to have it end with an awful non-call in OT...? jeez. they have the technology to get things right, especially in a crucial playoff game. Just pathetic look for the NHL. But not a surprising one.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

"OH BABY" a long time announcer Ken Wilson for the Blues used to say, the Hockey Gods have answered my prayers.
Hard to believe the Blues are going to the play in a Stanley Cup Final after 49 years.

I was a senior in High School when the Blues played Boston in their last Cup appearance in 1970.
Can this finally be our year !!!

Were still here, We bleed Blue !!!

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

25 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

"OH BABY" a long time announcer Ken Wilson for the Blues used to say, the Hockey Gods have answered my prayers.
Hard to believe the Blues are going to the play in a Stanley Cup Final after 49 years.

I was a senior in High School when the Blues played Boston in their last Cup appearance in 1970.

I don't always root for Western Conference teams, but when I do they are playing against Boston.

Best of luck to the Blues.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I don't always root for Western Conference teams, but when I do they are playing against Boston.

Best of luck to the Blues.

Go Blues!

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Well you don't have to worry about this guy this time.:-P

Orr.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

This one they actually earned, so in a way it's like their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, billchao said:

This one they actually earned, so in a way it's like their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance 😜

They were the best of the expansion teams back then. They "earned" those too! 🙂

1 hour ago, iacas said:

They were the best of the expansion teams back then. They "earned" those too! 🙂

Yes they "earned" those finals appearances, but I feel the same way about them as I do about Byron Nelson's consecutive wins streak.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Well you don't have to worry about this guy this time.:-P

He was a great one … 

bobby-orr-winning-goal-1970-stanley-cup.jpg

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Between work, tornado-related interruptions and early bed times, I've only seen the first two periods of game 2, but good job Blues.

Getting a win in Boston is big.

Looking forward to Saturday when I can watch the whole game in peace and comfort.

Interesting stat (if you can get past the reflection...definitely NOT BamaWade's work/undies/legs!).

The Bruins' top line seems to start off stymied early in every series (very apparent to anyone familiar with the team and watching), then really turns it around.  Adjustments, I guess?  I bet we see a similar turnaround in this series.  STL played a strong game last night, but outside of injuries tilting things their way, I can't see 'em winning this series.  I think we'll see another split to go 2-2, then Boston take the next two and win it in 6 (and yet another celebration on away ice).  Go Bruins!

(image credit Twitter @HeikoOldoerp)

D71cn14XYAA6weG.jpg

Edited by BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

My blues had a bad game last night.   Let’s hope they come out and jump on Boston hard in game 4.  

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

On 6/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, grubby98 said:

My blues had a bad game last night.   Let’s hope they come out and jump on Boston hard in game 4.  

Happily, they did. I was impressed that they didn't let that short-handed concession bother them too much.

It was a bit surprising to me that Chara never came back. That puck must of done a lot more damage than just a few stitches.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:38 AM, mcanadiens said:

Happily, they did. I was impressed that they didn't let that short-handed concession bother them too much.

It was a bit surprising to me that Chara never came back. That puck must of done a lot more damage than just a few stitches.

Yep, was a fun game to watch.  Wish I could afford tickets to go. Chara has been reported to have fractured jaw, so he should be out.  sucks, I want to win with a full team.  I think if blues can get game 5 they can win it all in 6

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

• Administrator

Congrats to the Blues. Very, very glad that they won.

7 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I love how Bettman gets booed, every year, without fail.  

mr. burns applause GIF

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!