IGNORED

What's your biggest problem in golf?

fredwest
Note: This thread is 2032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/6/2018 at 11:53 AM, Shindig said:

(putted at 25 handicap level despite being a 14 handicap)

How did you determine this?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

How did you determine this?

The part about being a 14 handicap I determined by consulting my GHIN profile ;-) 

The putting at 25 handicap level was done by GameGolf:  in evaluating last however-many rounds, I was losing 0 strokes putting to a 25 handicap, so in my mind that means I was putting at a 25 handicap level.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

The part about being a 14 handicap I determined by consulting my GHIN profile ;-) 

The putting at 25 handicap level was done by GameGolf:  in evaluating last however-many rounds, I was losing 0 strokes putting to a 25 handicap, so in my mind that means I was putting at a 25 handicap level.

Seeing as how GPS isn't very accurate as it relates to putting stats I thought you may have used a different method.

Christian

4 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Seeing as how GPS isn't very accurate as it relates to putting stats I thought you may have used a different method.

Nah, too much work for me.  I don't think the GPS is so inaccurate that I'm going to be wildly off in what it calculates.  Maybe I putted like a 23 handicap or a 27 handicap.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Confidence that I will hit a good shot when standing over my 2nd shots..  I just can't seem to feel like I am going to hit a good shot.

• Administrator
On 8/7/2018 at 5:48 PM, RFKFREAK said:

You can move the points around to reflect the proper first putt distance, you know…?

I edit every round I've ever had on GAME GOLF. Mostly the putts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can move the points around to reflect the proper first putt distance, you know…?

I edit every round I've ever had on GAME GOLF. Mostly the putts.

Yes, but I didn't know if he did this to get the information on putting he obtained or used another method.

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Fairway woods are by far my biggest issue lately.  I can hit my 3 Hybrid 230 yards off the tee, the moment it is on the fairway I get turrets and am am lucky to hit it 195 yards and 1/2 the time I push it left or right.  Same with my 3 wood, blast it from the tee box but can't seem to hit it from the fairway or rough.   The funny thing is when I hit either club off the mat at the driving range, I hit them really well.  It is has gotten to the point where I dont even try for par 5s in 2 anymore.  I just hit my 4 iron knowing I will be 10 or 20 yards short of the green to avoid having to take a drop.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:39 PM, Inferno2ss said:

Fairway woods are by far my biggest issue lately.  I can hit my 3 Hybrid 230 yards off the tee, the moment it is on the fairway I get turrets and am am lucky to hit it 195 yards and 1/2 the time I push it left or right.  Same with my 3 wood, blast it from the tee box but can't seem to hit it from the fairway or rough.   The funny thing is when I hit either club off the mat at the driving range, I hit them really well.  It is has gotten to the point where I dont even try for par 5s in 2 anymore.  I just hit my 4 iron knowing I will be 10 or 20 yards short of the green to avoid having to take a drop.

I have a similar problem. I can hit fairly consistently off mats but not from the fairway, and definitely not from the rough.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Yukari said:

6 inches between my ears. 

Its amazing how much my game is influenced by confidence. 

I couldn't agree more!  The trick is how to overcome the lack of confidence generated by a bad shot or two...or three or...?  When you're having a good day and the swing is right, the head and shoulders stay down thru the shot, good contact seems so easy.  Why is that so difficult to maintain?  Just as you mentioned...the "6" between your/our ears".

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, tehuti said:

I have a similar problem. I can hit fairly consistently off mats but not from the fairway, and definitely not from the rough.

A ball lying on the fairway doesn't allow much margin for error when compared to hitting off a tee or mat.  Thus, confidence level is lower when hitting from the fairway...doubt and negative thoughts come creeping in.  Hello bad shot!!  Hitting your 4-iron (layup) will likely result in consistently lower scores because you can pick the best spot from which to play your 3rd (chip) shot onto the green and roll it close to the pin...hello birdie!

Personally, I can no longer hit a 7-iron 150 yards...I can hit 6-iron 140 with roll-out.  So, I typically am hitting 3 onto the green (par 4 holes).  Getting better at chipping has helped me have more shots at par, and occasionally roll in a chip from 10-15 yards off the green for a birdie.  This crucial part of the game is where the pros win championships ($$$$$).

Note: This thread is 2032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!