IGNORED

PGA Level 3 Done… Membership Next

iacas
Note: This thread is 2110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That's the one that has 320 people in it, where the top 20 make the PGA Championship.

That one is on TV, too.   Enjoyable to watch.  

That said, it’s all about practice.   Most club pros work.  You can’t play pga events if you work.  Work steals practice time.  

Erik, you’re a plus index, right?  If you forfeit the money you earn and spent 8 hours a day practicing, do you think you have a chance to play web.com? If you play web.com (or lesser) then you find out if you can compete at that level.  Maybe you can, maybe you can’t.  But, from what I understand, unless you quit your job and focus every ounce of effort, you can put yourself in a position to find out, if you’re talented enough. 

Right(ish)? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, lastings said:

That one is on TV, too.   Enjoyable to watch.  

That said, it’s all about practice.   Most club pros work.  You can’t play pga events if you work.  Work steals practice time.  

Erik, you’re a plus index, right?  If you forfeit the money you earn and spent 8 hours a day practicing, do you think you have a chance to play web.com? If you play web.com (or lesser) then you find out if you can compete at that level.  Maybe you can, maybe you can’t.  But, from what I understand, unless you quit your job and focus every ounce of effort, you can put yourself in a position to find out, if you’re talented enough. 

Right(ish)? 

I'm 40.

Why on earth would I sacrifice my day to day life, my family time, etc. to chase a dream against 22-year-olds and such?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm 40.

Why on earth would I sacrifice my day to day life, my family time, etc. to chase a dream against 22-year-olds and such?

Not suggesting you would.  Only trying to relate what it takes.  

I think I’m well aware of what it takes to play on the pga.  (No im not, but I understand how far away I am from understanding), but comments from others lead me to believe they think it’s closer than it is.   Maybe if the best golfer on this site (arguably) mentioned how far away he is, it might clear some stuff up.    Not to say you haven’t, but some folks haven’t got it..

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 2110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!