IGNORED

2018 Travelers Championship (Hartford)

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Travelers Championship (Greater Hartford Open) ... June 20-23 2018
TPC River Highlands ... Par-70, 6844-yds  ... Cromwell CT
Purse: $ 7,000,000 / 1st Prize: $ 1,260,000
The Field ... Inside The Field ... Monday Qualifiers

Top names in field .. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, Si Woo Kim, Webb Simpson, Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Zach Johnson, Xander Schauffele, Russell Knox, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Daniel Berger, Patton Kizzire, Chesson Hadley

Current OWGR Field Strength  Rating (SoF)  : 446 -- could change if certain players withdraw prior to start of play

To compare the Traveler's SoF of 446 with other events, go to the OWGR's Events Page and toggle "SoF" until the listing shows this order -- U.S. Open (855) as highest ranked event; Players Championship (854) as 2nd highest; Masters Tournament (794) as 3rd highest; and so on.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

Top names in field .. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, Si Woo Kim, Webb Simpson, Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Zach Johnson, Xander Schauffele, Russell Knox, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Daniel Berger, Patton Kizzire, Chesson Hadley

Also Jim Furyk, Brandt Snedeker, Paddy Harrington, Paul Casey

• Like 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Going on Sunday for the second year in a row, very pumped it was a blast last year.  Love to see so many big players in a field that plays right after a major, speaks volumes to the tournament staff

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

33 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

Going on Sunday for the second year in a row, very pumped it was a blast last year.  Love to see so many big players in a field that plays right after a major, speaks volumes to the tournament staff

That’s cool! Too bad you won’t get to see Spieth or Rory...but plenty of others to take in!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Have fun. If you get any good photos, it would be cool to post them here.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Personal OOPS!

The 2018 Travelers-Hartford playing dates should be June 21-24.

If the admins here can correct my original post above, then afterwards delete this one I'd be most thankful.

13 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That’s cool! Too bad you won’t get to see Spieth or Rory...but plenty of others to take in!

Are you assuming they’ll miss the cut lol

• Like 1

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Koepka near the top again. Wonder how many times a player has won a major and then won a smaller event the following week? I would imagine it’s very few as most players don’t play the week following a major win and those who do usually have massive fatigue and don’t perform well. Maybe it was more common in the old days but I’m curious in modern day if it’s been done.

Edited by ChrisP

The Big Names with Big Games are taking it deep in Connecticut today boys. Currently a 3 way tie for the lead at 7 under with Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, & Zach Johnson.

How do you do?

• Thumbs Up 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

7 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Koepka near the top again. Wonder how many times a player has won a major and then won a smaller event the following week? I would imagine it’s very few as most players don’t play the week following a major win and those who do usually have massive fatigue and don’t perform well. Maybe it was more common in the old days but I’m curious in modern day if it’s been done.

Koepka got as low as 5-under, then gave some strokes back and wound up with a 2-under-68. He says he needs a nap!

21 minutes ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

Koepka got as low as 5-under, then gave some strokes back and wound up with a 2-under-68. He says he needs a nap!

I would imagine thats from celebration.  Lol.  I don’t follow afterwards but I don’t think the media demand is quite the same for the US Open champ as it is for the Masters champ.

good to see Jordan play well, hope he keeps it up and Zach they’re are two of my favorite players on tour

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a squirrel visiting Rory on the first tee today.  No word yet if it's Tiger's squirrel friend.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Harman looks like a little kid wearing his dad's shoes... 

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

There was a squirrel visiting Rory on the first tee today.  No word yet if it's Tiger's squirrel friend.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

So hard listening to McCord....just swful. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Paul Casey hit his last five greens in regulation yesterday and today hit all 18, for 23 consecutive.  But putting is the key statistic to winning, right? ;-) 

Okay, I know it's been done before, because I know Dave W did it when he set a course record. How often does it happen on tour?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

(edited)

Casey is the man to catch on Sunday.

BTW -- Someone at CBSSPORTS-dot-COM made an interesting typo on Casey's Saturday round just now. Take a look at the attached screenshot then do the math. Casey's true aggregate for three rounds is 16-under-194, including Saturday's 8-under-62. But if you were to believe the typo error, then after an 8-under-60, Casey's 3-round aggregate would be 16-under-188 !!! C'Mon guys, he's good, but not THAT good.

Hartford-Casey-8UnderWhat-0623.jpg

Edited by Frank-0-Sport

Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!