IGNORED

Longest unit of time in golf?

Note: This thread is 2092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll tell you. The time between getting the notice your clubs haves shipped and when they actually get there. It was long enough waiting from the time I ordered until they were shipped.

Q: Longest unit of time in golf?

A: Waiting for next weekend's round to get here!

Or

Watching Cantaly 's pre-shot routine!

Both are an excessively LONG TIME!!!

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watching others dither on the green when you're in the middle of the fairway?

• Like 2

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Tomorrow and Friday at this time I'll be warming up for my round.  That's a long time from now!

Waiting on a par-3 tee for the green to clear is the longest for me, especially if it's in a club event where they're supposed to wave us up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

Watching people in front of you hit mulligans on a busy day. 

And avoiding the temptation to give them a vocabulary lesson.  "Let me teach you the Scottish word for Mulligan.  They invented golf, y'know.  Their word for 'mulligan' is 'hitting three.'"

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Watching the 3 other players in your group chip on to the green and marking their ball when it's in NO position or line of play of the others...

Also, the guy who seemingly must walk back to the "club house" to mark a putt...
All day long, get a clue, the shortest distance is the line you just made your putt.  :doh:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

The longest time in my golf experience has been the time a birdie putt from 30 feet drops in the cup until the crowd roars. All these others eventually end. I'm still waiting.

Second place goes to the time from the last putt until the next drive. My goal is to shorten it as much as possible. Slow play is like the weather. Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it.

Golf is like sailing. Not for Type A personalities, or perfect for those of us who are trying to treat our Type A so it doesn't get out of hand as often. With sailing, you get there when you get there. A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. I'll wait for that next good shot, the next good putt, as long as it takes.

Wayne

Waiting in the line up on the first tee to start the round off. . 

That, or those double breaking snakes putts, as they slowly make their way into the cup. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

After hitting an okay drive that you should be able to find but you can't, the 5 (2) minute search period as well as going back to the tee box if there's anybody there is the longest time for me.

Second goes to after getting a new club, the wait time to actually use it on the course.

Third would be times between hitting a good shot.  I hit one once two years ago, haven't hit another since.....

• Like 3

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

2 hours ago, RayG said:

Hmmm, I hadn't expected this to turn into a complaint thread about slow play....

Usually any golf topice that involves time will eventually become critical of others play.....lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

8 hours ago, RayG said:

Hmmm, I hadn't expected this to turn into a complaint thread about slow play....

Apologies for the cheap shot - congratulations on the new clubs. I hope, once they get here, they bring you much joy 😊

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

8 hours ago, RayG said:

Seriously? With the phrase "longest time" embedded in it? My first instinct was imagining the  time it takes for a Tour pro to start sizing up his putt until he strokes it!

Not sure about the longest, but the shortest period of time is that between a tour pro making contact with the ball and some idiot yelling "get in the hole." 

Tee shot on a 600-yard par-5? Seriously? 

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

Note: This thread is 2092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!