IGNORED

Mirror Vision App

Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 hours ago, Twilly said:

Hey Mate,

can you explain this in some more detail? The devices wouldn’t find each other without connecting them to your other phones network?

Cheers,

Toby 

Neither device had access to cell data (iPhone 6s with sim card removed, iPad Air 2 with WiFi only). In order to enable the mirror vision feature and connect the two devices, I had to establish an internet connection. So I had to bring a third device, my phone with cell data service and use it as a hotspot, then they connected. I didn't check to see if it would work by turning hotspot off after initial connection. I'll do some more tests with it and get back with you. Please understand that this was my first time using the app for real, so the issue could definitely have been caused by user error.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, nevets88 said:

Question - you're not using Bluetooth right? But you have to account for all variations of its settings in conjunction with wifi?

It will work without Bluetooth but helps with bandwidth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

I used it in bright sun light with the sun directly behind me. I was a little difficult to see the iPad screen, but I could still manage to make out what I needed. I would suggest wearing contrasting clothing in situations like this. 

Most of my practice is in the afternoon, so this won't come up as often for me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've used it a few more times outside at the range, with better success. My devices haven't asked for an internet connection since the first time, so maybe it was just to verify the subscription purchase. I've had slightly better battery life, but the iPhone 6S is still nearly dead by the end of a 45-60 min range session. One thing that helped was not to have it send the video to my iPad, and just walk over to the phone to watch it.

This app has been really helpful in being able to immediately check what I'm doing, both in pre-swing drills and the actual swings at the ball. I'm going to make a habit of bringing my devices in my range bag. I'll post some of the videos that I took using the app in my swing thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Darn it. I keep forgetting to use this for putting.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I used it for putting and it exposed a fault right away. My head was tilted like 20 degrees away from the target. Once I got it level, distance and start line better and head stayed more still. Thank you app. I could have just video’d myself but seeing yourself live is easier. Imho this alone made the price worth it.

Need to get some kind of screen cover for glare. It’s much easier to use when you’re not struggling to see the screen.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

I am going to again be using this app. The updates have been nice and the product is really a fully featured, great app at this point.

https://www.mirrorvisiongolf.com

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This looks really cool. I do my mirror work in a patio door, but it's a 10-lite door, and the lighting inside and outside has to be tinkered with to get a good reflection. I don't have an iPad, but I have several iPhones. For those that use the app - would viewing on a phone screen (iPhone 11 Pro, but not Max) from a couple feet away be terrible?

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

This looks really cool. I do my mirror work in a patio door, but it's a 10-lite door, and the lighting inside and outside has to be tinkered with to get a good reflection. I don't have an iPad, but I have several iPhones. For those that use the app - would viewing on a phone screen (iPhone 11 Pro, but not Max) from a couple feet away be terrible?

The best way to use the app is to put an iPad or something on the ground, near the ball, and then use your phone to record and mirror to the thing on the ground.

If you zoom in a phone on the ground isn't terrible. But the app shines when it's an iPad or something larger. Even an older iPad Mini is great for this.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

If you're doing very slow swings, you could use this, lol.

61usP5q7niL._AC_SS350_.jpg

• Funny 1

Steve

Thanks @iacas and @nevets88. I think I'll try the app with dual phones since that is what I have at the moment. If that is not ideal, I'll buy an older generation iPad or iPad mini to use specifically with the app.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Just downloaded - looks cool & for the moment looks free, but I have a feeling that will maybe change. Yes?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Just downloaded - looks cool & for the moment looks free, but I have a feeling that will maybe change. Yes?

You’re in the trial yes.

5 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I used it as shown below, the iPad is in the ball holder. My iPad has a cover that folds to about 60 degrees. I have my iPhone on a tripod. I start the video on the iPad but store the videos on the iPhone. After I film, I edit the movies and review my practice. You could do it with two iPhones, but it will be harder to see.

One watch out is to keep the iPhone and iPad shaded if you can to keep them from overheating in the sun.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 months later...

Is there a mirror vision user guide or tutorial. I’ve used it once and am having trouble getting lines on it to see while I’m practicing, I can put them on the videos no problem, but when I got back to record swing they aren’t there for me to practice with.....is there a way to swing and mark my alignment and spine angle and use those lines for practice swings? 

• iacas changed the title to Mirror Vision App
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dwall4017 said:

Is there a mirror vision user guide or tutorial. I’ve used it once and am having trouble getting lines on it to see while I’m practicing, I can put them on the videos no problem, but when I got back to record swing they aren’t there for me to practice with.....is there a way to swing and mark my alignment and spine angle and use those lines for practice swings? 

I'll tag @Twilly as the developer and he can likely help you out. I know you can do this, but I haven't used the app in a few days (haven't needed it) so I don't know that I can say exactly what you need to do, only that you can do it.

Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!