nevets88

Mirror Vision - New App in the Works

94 posts / 11384 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I downloaded the app and tested it out. Worked well outside. I exported the slow motion videos to Photos, but they seem to be real speed not 240fps. Is there a setting for that?

There should be a little toggle above the record button w/options video/slo-mo I think. But even if I have it toggled to slo-mo, sometimes it's not 240fps, sometimes it is. Not sure what makes it that way, so far my guess is to add more time to the recording so that it has more time to get into slo-mo mode. Also, I'm not sure if you need to toggle this on both devices. I did just to make sure it was slo-mo.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 4.37.23 PM.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

54 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

There should be a little toggle above the record button w/options video/slo-mo I think. But even if I have it toggled to slo-mo, sometimes it's not 240fps, sometimes it is. Not sure what makes it that way, so far my guess is to add more time to the recording so that it has more time to get into slo-mo mode. Also, I'm not sure if you need to toggle this on both devices. I did just to make sure it was slo-mo.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 4.37.23 PM.png

I thought I did both, but I will double check next time.

I don't think you can toggle it on both. I think it only toggles on the recording device, and then it should show that change on the other device.

I don't think you can change it on the "mirror" device (the one you look at, that's not recording).

Will definitely be looking for updates to this app.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:13 PM, nevets88 said:

Will definitely be looking for updates to this app.

And a bit more instructions on use. 

It seems to be only able to record video in vertical camera orientation. I recorded some today with the camera horizontal, but it exported to Photos sideways. This makes it harder to send to a YouTube. 

Do you know if there is a way on the iPhone to rotate video?

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

And a bit more instructions on use. 

It seems to be only able to record video in vertical camera orientation. I recorded some today with the camera horizontal, but it exported to Photos sideways. This makes it harder to send to a YouTube. 

Do you know if there is a way on the iPhone to rotate video?

I think iMovie? It should be on your iPhone, it's preinstalled.

Have to try this out at my next range session.  Be great to, like having a mirror

18 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I think iMovie? It should be on your iPhone, it's preinstalled.

iMovie worked. You just place two fingers on the video and twist to reorient. Thanks. 

Huh, I am a stupid, never even thought about using it for putting.

Finally got mine set up and tablet going, this app is awesome.  love making slow practice swings to feel the changes I need and have positive reinforcement with the visual.

I wish it would have a feature of auto record/auto replay...live hit record on mirror device then record for a couple seconds Nd then send right back to mirror device in slow motion so you can watch it in between shots

8 hours ago, grubby98 said:

Finally got mine set up and tablet going, this app is awesome.  love making slow practice swings to feel the changes I need and have positive reinforcement with the visual.

I wish it would have a feature of auto record/auto replay...live hit record on mirror device then record for a couple seconds Nd then send right back to mirror device in slow motion so you can watch it in between shots

I would love to just be able to say, "Record" so I don't have to push a button.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:27 PM, boogielicious said:

iMovie worked. You just place two fingers on the video and twist to reorient. Thanks. 

Well this statement is only partly true. I edited with iMovie and corrected the orientation, but when I upload to YouTube, it rotates back. 

I sent an e-mail to Mirror Vision and will let this thread know what they say.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:54 AM, boogielicious said:

I would love to just be able to say, "Record" so I don't have to push a button.

Yeah, this. Or a timer. 

I got and answer from Mirror Vision. I will try it tonight. 

Hey Scott,

Glad you enjoy the app! 

As for the videos only being recorded in portrait. This has been a frequent request and we will be implementing functionality to record in landscape in the next version. 

For now you try this app. It will rotate the videos and export to your camera roll.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/rfv/id1038299582?mt=8

Cheers,

Toby

1 hour ago, Chasing_Bogeys said:

any plans for android version?

I *think* I read from the app owner he's working on it. No ETA obviously.

On a related note, someone on another forum asked if one has an Android Phone and an iPad would they talk to each other when both versions are available, I'm fairly certain the answer would be no.