Jump to content
nevets88

Mirror Vision - New App in the Works

97 posts / 14288 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Will be interesting to see if this app gets any traction from the PGA Merch show. It is demoing tomorrow. Maybe I can find a video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Will be interesting to see if this app gets any traction from the PGA Merch show. It is demoing tomorrow. Maybe I can find a video.

They need more "instructions" or how-to on the app or site. You have figure out everything for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played with the editor today. I drew a line on my phone straight up from the ball. I could see the line on my iPad, but it did not record with the line.

Again, more instructions would really help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I played with the editor today. I drew a line on my phone straight up from the ball. I could see the line on my iPad, but it did not record with the line.

Again, more instructions would really help. 

Yeah I think I read the edits don't save on the video. Maybe that will change with future updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Yeah I think I read the edits don't save on the video. Maybe that will change with future updates.

Also, it is hard to get the line vertical with my phone on a tripod. It takes several tries and my eyes are not as young as they used to be.:-P

But it is a helpful feature because you can use that line or a dot to keep the ball in the same location for filming. I was using it to work on my head position at set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm really liking the app more and more. I've brought it to my gym at work a couple of days in a row now and it is easy to set up. I just wish it wasn't so frickin' cold out. Having to start the video without a glove gets cold fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I'm really liking the app more and more. I've brought it to my gym at work a couple of days in a row now and it is easy to set up. I just wish it wasn't so frickin' cold out. Having to start the video without a glove gets cold fast.

There are touchscreen gloves but they're not exactly golf friendly, but guessing you already knew that. Have never had any success finding touchscreen golf gloves though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went to range today, forgot my tablet, pissed.  I love using this for my practice swings so I have proper feel and feedback.  This is must have for me know if working on swing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2019 at 1:13 PM, boogielicious said:

I'm really liking the app more and more. I've brought it to my gym at work a couple of days in a row now and it is easy to set up. I just wish it wasn't so frickin' cold out. Having to start the video without a glove gets cold fast.

Just put a small piece of metal tape on your glove...presto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to create. It was so obvious. I mean Liveview was out there. Maybe the video processing speed needed to get to a certain point to become feasible. I wanted this app like 3 years ago, maybe longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to create. It was so obvious. I mean Liveview was out there. Maybe the video processing speed needed to get to a certain point to become feasible. I wanted this app like 3 years ago, maybe longer.

I think it's still semi-limited, because you've not only gotta care enough to set up a device to record your practice, you've gotta set up TWO devices. 🙂

I've been doing this for awhile. I just FaceTime called myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just put a small piece of metal tape on your glove...presto.

I will try that tomorrow and report back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I will try that tomorrow and report back!

A buddy of mine up in the cold, barren tundra of Wisconsin sewed a little cross hitch with conductive thread to his finger tip for a longer lasting method. I know they have gloves with touchscreen capabilities but I haven't seen golf gloves with them, just thick winter gloves.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think it's still semi-limited, because you've not only gotta care enough to set up a device to record your practice, you've gotta set up TWO devices. 🙂

I've been doing this for awhile. I just FaceTime called myself.

Does one need a separate Apple ID to do this? If I try to FaceTime my iPad it just remains grayed out and I can’t make the call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

A buddy of mine up in the cold, barren tundra of Wisconsin sewed a little cross hitch with conductive thread to his finger tip for a longer lasting method. I know they have gloves with touchscreen capabilities but I haven't seen golf gloves with them, just thick winter gloves.

Does one need a separate Apple ID to do this? If I try to FaceTime my iPad it just remains grayed out and I can’t make the call.

This is one of the reasons why I think it is getting traction. People don't want to set up their Facetime or are just too lazy to do so or just want something simpler. I think the way to do this is to make a separate Apple ID.

What I'm really waiting for, if it happens is the double angle, ability to capture face on and down the line simultaneously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

This is one of the reasons why I think it is getting traction. People don't want to set up their Facetime or are just too lazy to do so or just want something simpler. I think the way to do this is to make a separate Apple ID.

What I'm really waiting for, if it happens is the double angle, ability to capture face on and down the line simultaneously.

Probably true. I downloaded the app and am gonna try it. I’m willing to use another device to get the real time feedback. Going back and fourth to my phone is rather annoying when it’s so difficult for me to make a change in what I’m trying to do. Talentless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Probably true. I downloaded the app and am gonna try it. I’m willing to use another device to get the real time feedback. Going back and fourth to my phone is rather annoying when it’s so difficult for me to make a change in what I’m trying to do. Talentless.

I was thinking of attaching two phones to the tripod. One dedicated to MV, another dedicated to recording. I don’t think that’s going to work out well, I’m just not too comfortable with MV recording yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey Guys, 

Sorry I haven’t chimed in here lately. Just been quite busy with the show and whatnot. Was really cool to see it being used in the gym! Love to hear more about that and how people are using it for other applications. 

Nevets can you explain to me what’s wrong with your recordings. I’m not sure i understand the need for the extra phone on the tripod you were talking about? 

Also, everyone please fire your questions or suggestions at me. I think after the show and now that we have more users, its pretty clear what I need to change and update but always wanting to hear more.

cheers,

Toby 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...