IGNORED

Mirror Vision App

Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Will be interesting to see if this app gets any traction from the PGA Merch show. It is demoing tomorrow. Maybe I can find a video.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Will be interesting to see if this app gets any traction from the PGA Merch show. It is demoing tomorrow. Maybe I can find a video.

They need more "instructions" or how-to on the app or site. You have figure out everything for yourself.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So far Alex Noren and now Charles Howell. Wonder how many more might use it?

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 2.59.27 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I played with the editor today. I drew a line on my phone straight up from the ball. I could see the line on my iPad, but it did not record with the line.

Again, more instructions would really help. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

36 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I played with the editor today. I drew a line on my phone straight up from the ball. I could see the line on my iPad, but it did not record with the line.

Again, more instructions would really help. 

Yeah I think I read the edits don't save on the video. Maybe that will change with future updates.

Steve

10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Yeah I think I read the edits don't save on the video. Maybe that will change with future updates.

Also, it is hard to get the line vertical with my phone on a tripod. It takes several tries and my eyes are not as young as they used to be.:-P

But it is a helpful feature because you can use that line or a dot to keep the ball in the same location for filming. I was using it to work on my head position at set up.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I'm really liking the app more and more. I've brought it to my gym at work a couple of days in a row now and it is easy to set up. I just wish it wasn't so frickin' cold out. Having to start the video without a glove gets cold fast.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I'm really liking the app more and more. I've brought it to my gym at work a couple of days in a row now and it is easy to set up. I just wish it wasn't so frickin' cold out. Having to start the video without a glove gets cold fast.

There are touchscreen gloves but they're not exactly golf friendly, but guessing you already knew that. Have never had any success finding touchscreen golf gloves though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Went to range today, forgot my tablet, pissed.  I love using this for my practice swings so I have proper feel and feedback.  This is must have for me know if working on swing

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

On 1/25/2019 at 1:13 PM, boogielicious said:

Just put a small piece of metal tape on your glove...presto.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to create. It was so obvious. I mean Liveview was out there. Maybe the video processing speed needed to get to a certain point to become feasible. I wanted this app like 3 years ago, maybe longer.

Steve

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to create. It was so obvious. I mean Liveview was out there. Maybe the video processing speed needed to get to a certain point to become feasible. I wanted this app like 3 years ago, maybe longer.

I think it's still semi-limited, because you've not only gotta care enough to set up a device to record your practice, you've gotta set up TWO devices. 🙂

I've been doing this for awhile. I just FaceTime called myself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just put a small piece of metal tape on your glove...presto.

I will try that tomorrow and report back!

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I will try that tomorrow and report back!

A buddy of mine up in the cold, barren tundra of Wisconsin sewed a little cross hitch with conductive thread to his finger tip for a longer lasting method. I know they have gloves with touchscreen capabilities but I haven't seen golf gloves with them, just thick winter gloves.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think it's still semi-limited, because you've not only gotta care enough to set up a device to record your practice, you've gotta set up TWO devices. 🙂

I've been doing this for awhile. I just FaceTime called myself.

Does one need a separate Apple ID to do this? If I try to FaceTime my iPad it just remains grayed out and I can’t make the call.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

A buddy of mine up in the cold, barren tundra of Wisconsin sewed a little cross hitch with conductive thread to his finger tip for a longer lasting method. I know they have gloves with touchscreen capabilities but I haven't seen golf gloves with them, just thick winter gloves.

Does one need a separate Apple ID to do this? If I try to FaceTime my iPad it just remains grayed out and I can’t make the call.

This is one of the reasons why I think it is getting traction. People don't want to set up their Facetime or are just too lazy to do so or just want something simpler. I think the way to do this is to make a separate Apple ID.

What I'm really waiting for, if it happens is the double angle, ability to capture face on and down the line simultaneously.

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

This is one of the reasons why I think it is getting traction. People don't want to set up their Facetime or are just too lazy to do so or just want something simpler. I think the way to do this is to make a separate Apple ID.

What I'm really waiting for, if it happens is the double angle, ability to capture face on and down the line simultaneously.

Probably true. I downloaded the app and am gonna try it. I’m willing to use another device to get the real time feedback. Going back and fourth to my phone is rather annoying when it’s so difficult for me to make a change in what I’m trying to do. Talentless.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Probably true. I downloaded the app and am gonna try it. I’m willing to use another device to get the real time feedback. Going back and fourth to my phone is rather annoying when it’s so difficult for me to make a change in what I’m trying to do. Talentless.

I was thinking of attaching two phones to the tripod. One dedicated to MV, another dedicated to recording. I don’t think that’s going to work out well, I’m just not too comfortable with MV recording yet. 

Steve

Hey Guys, 

Sorry I haven’t chimed in here lately. Just been quite busy with the show and whatnot. Was really cool to see it being used in the gym! Love to hear more about that and how people are using it for other applications. 

Nevets can you explain to me what’s wrong with your recordings. I’m not sure i understand the need for the extra phone on the tripod you were talking about? 

Also, everyone please fire your questions or suggestions at me. I think after the show and now that we have more users, its pretty clear what I need to change and update but always wanting to hear more.

cheers,

Toby 

Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!