nevets88

Mirror Vision - New App in the Works

97 posts / 13106 viewsLast Reply

20 hours ago, Twilly said:

Hey Mate,

can you explain this in some more detail? The devices wouldn’t find each other without connecting them to your other phones network?

Cheers,

Toby 

Neither device had access to cell data (iPhone 6s with sim card removed, iPad Air 2 with WiFi only). In order to enable the mirror vision feature and connect the two devices, I had to establish an internet connection. So I had to bring a third device, my phone with cell data service and use it as a hotspot, then they connected. I didn't check to see if it would work by turning hotspot off after initial connection. I'll do some more tests with it and get back with you. Please understand that this was my first time using the app for real, so the issue could definitely have been caused by user error.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

On 3/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, nevets88 said:

Question - you're not using Bluetooth right? But you have to account for all variations of its settings in conjunction with wifi?

It will work without Bluetooth but helps with bandwidth.

I used it in bright sun light with the sun directly behind me. I was a little difficult to see the iPad screen, but I could still manage to make out what I needed. I would suggest wearing contrasting clothing in situations like this. 

Most of my practice is in the afternoon, so this won't come up as often for me.

I've used it a few more times outside at the range, with better success. My devices haven't asked for an internet connection since the first time, so maybe it was just to verify the subscription purchase. I've had slightly better battery life, but the iPhone 6S is still nearly dead by the end of a 45-60 min range session. One thing that helped was not to have it send the video to my iPad, and just walk over to the phone to watch it.

This app has been really helpful in being able to immediately check what I'm doing, both in pre-swing drills and the actual swings at the ball. I'm going to make a habit of bringing my devices in my range bag. I'll post some of the videos that I took using the app in my swing thread.

I'm interested in trying this out, but I have an iphone and a nexus tablet, has anyone tried using it with iphone/android mixed?

I used it for putting and it exposed a fault right away. My head was tilted like 20 degrees away from the target. Once I got it level, distance and start line better and head stayed more still. Thank you app. I could have just video’d myself but seeing yourself live is easier. Imho this alone made the price worth it.

Need to get some kind of screen cover for glare. It’s much easier to use when you’re not struggling to see the screen.