IGNORED

Favorite Push Cart Brand

Note: This thread is 1894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Push Carts  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite push cart brand?

• Clicgear
    • Sun Mountain
    • Bag Boy
    • CaddyTek
    • Other
    • I don't own a push cart
  2. 2. How many wheels on your (favorite) cart?

• Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • I don't own a push cart

I have a four wheel Sun Mountain Micro Cart.  I went with the brand as when I was looking at them in the store, it was better designed to function with my Sun Mountain stand bag.  If it wasn't for the fact it worked well with my bag, I would have gone with a 3 wheel Clickgear just to have access to all of the gadgets that go with it.

I've had the cart for about 3 years now and it is still going strong.  I had an issue with one of the wheels and Sun Mountain sent me a new wheel promptly.  Sun Mountain has been really good to me with any warranty issues on my bags and this cart in the past, so I appreciate their customer service.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/1/2018 at 10:08 AM, Shindig said:

What I didn't like about the Bag Boy, and I don't know what the cause of this was, was that my bag would often shift left/right, so it'd be sitting on its side.  

@Shindig I also have the issue of my bag shifting to the side with my Bag Boy.  I thought maybe it was because I was using a stand bag.

I really like how the Clicgear folds up. Much more compact than mine.

I have a three wheeler sun mountain. No issues at all. It’s actually the second one I’ve bought because my wife decided to take my first one. I actually got a newer model so it worked out better for me except having to pay for it.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• 2 weeks later...

After a year of family medical issues, I'm finally getting back to swinging the clubs.  After walking a round on an executive with our sons, I decided to upgrade my old 2 wheel pull cart.  No favorite, but I did a lot of research and ended up with a 3 wheel Big Max IQ+.  It is easy to open, stable, and has a small footprint.  Only thing I don't like is the mesh compartment.

I also picked up a Sun Mountain Reflex for my wife since they were only $100.  Can't comment on that one yet.

John

Edited by 70sSanO

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned 2 clicgear 3 wheelers. Generally satisfied with it. I use the carry bag with a cooler pocket and attach it. Plenty of room for drinks and snacks. Only negative issue is the brake cable broke on both of the ones I've owned. This seems to be pretty common, as I've met others without brakes. I often pull the cart behind me rather than push. On hillly courses I keep the front wheel folded down and use it as a brake. Works, just looks odd. 

On 7/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, weberd27 said:

I have a four wheel Sun Mountain Micro Cart.  I went with the brand as when I was looking at them in the store, it was better designed to function with my Sun Mountain stand bag.  If it wasn't for the fact it worked well with my bag, I would have gone with a 3 wheel Clickgear just to have access to all of the gadgets that go with it.

I've had the cart for about 3 years now and it is still going strong.  I had an issue with one of the wheels and Sun Mountain sent me a new wheel promptly.  Sun Mountain has been really good to me with any warranty issues on my bags and this cart in the past, so I appreciate their customer service.

You have faired better than I have, I've used mine just over two years. Rivets have fallen out of mine and parts have cracked that are the key support areas. I will talk to support but I'm not sure they will do anything about it. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

22 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

You have faired better than I have, I've used mine just over two years. Rivets have fallen out of mine and parts have cracked that are the key support areas. I will talk to support but I'm not sure they will do anything about it. 

Well that sucks.  I don't blame you for being extremely disappointed.  I would be too.

I hope you are able to give them a call and see what they do for you.  Their customer service line is 1-800-227-9224.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 12:44 PM, weberd27 said:

Well that sucks.  I don't blame you for being extremely disappointed.  I would be too.

I hope you are able to give them a call and see what they do for you.  Their customer service line is 1-800-227-9224.

It looks like Sun Mountain is replacing my cart. Unfortunately it not the Reflex but the Micro cart GT, however I am glad they made good on the cart. So Kudos to Sun Mountain for supporting their products.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a good Bag Boy but it had spoked wheels which I destroyed with my car in the garage one night, broke the spokes, (my fault), contacted Bag Boy and they told me it would be months before I could get a replacement wheel! So I bought a TourTrek, three wheel cart. It has thick plastic wheels and works well. I especially like the card and pencil holder, don't have to worry about high winds blowing the card off. You can set the front wheel to turn 360* or keep it straight, I keep it straight because it help on the side of hills, keeps it in place. I don't worry about it's size because I have an SUV.

Okay, even though I don’t yet own a push cart. I feel I am in a good position to comment on this thread. Firstly, I have just recently ordered a push cart. Secondly, I spent more than a week researching it. Visiting different stores, even went to the Columbus Golf Show and looked at them there. I tinkered with a half dozen brands.

Here’s the link to my thread on this site in which I went through my decision process. It may help you.

In terms of 3 wheels vs 4 wheels. I tinkered with maybe a dozen models. 3 wheels seems more difficult to knock over. (Having said that, I’ve not taken any of them out on an actual course, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Here’s what I feel I can tell you. When in doubt just get the ClicGear 3.5+. You can not go wrong. That’s what I ended up ordering. Everything about it says quality, and there are a zillion add on features available for it.

The data point that put me over the edge to buy the ClicGear is that nobody has refurbished ones. You can get a refurbished version of every other cart out there. Not ClicGear. There just are enough of them failing to refurbish. The guy at my local shop told me that as well. He said they never get refurbished ClicGear Carts.

Now, I will say there are a couple of down points for the ClicGear 3.5+.

1-      It’s slightly trickier to fold up than some of the competition, having said that it does fold up smaller than most of the other 3-wheel carts.

2-      It’s one of the more expensive models. Although, I didn’t think out of line for what you get.

3-      Some of the other models come with more extras that you’d have to buy separately for the ClicGear 3.5+.

Another thing I’d like to add is the CaddyTek version 8’s all have a really well thought-out cell phone holder on it. That feature should be copied by everyone. Having said that there are at least 3 optional cell phone holders you can get for ClicGear. I’m sure you can find one you like. The trouble with CaddyTek is the foot activated brake. I just couldn’t get past that. In my opinion it’s so inferior to the brake on the handle offered by several of the other cart manufacturers.

BTW – For the sake of completeness you may want to add Ogio, Spin It, and Cube It to your decision set. They make pretty good carts too.

So, do you research and make your decision. If you don’t want to do research just by the ClicGear 3.5+.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I'll say this for the clicgear, it's pretty heavy compared to other brands/models, and it's something you'll notice and feel even though you'd think that it wouldn't matter since it's on wheels. 

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I'll say this for the clicgear, it's pretty heavy compared to other brands/models, and it's something you'll notice and feel even though you'd think that it wouldn't matter since it's on wheels. 

Not what I found.

ClicGear 3.5+ weighs 18 pounds

CaddyTek CaddyLite (The lighter of their two 3-wheelers) weighs 18.5 pounds

Sun Mountain Speed Cart Gx (also a 3-wheeler) weighs 18 pounds

Ogio's 3 wheeler also weighs 18 pounds.

Bag Boy has a 3-wheeler that only weighs 14 pounds, but it's not really comparable in terms of robustness. (way chintzier) 

Cube has a comparable 3 wheeler that only weighs 15 pounds, that might be the only lighter one I've seen out there. 

Granted that's only in terms of 3 wheelers. 
I didn't study the 4 wheelers as much, I knew fairly early on that I wanted a 3 wheeler. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Doesn't seem to be true. Maybe it once was. Maybe you're responding to the "solid feel" of the ClicGear over the others… but yeah, it weighs about the same as every other cart.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am disappointed the Ricksha didn't make it as one of the choices for push carts. 

bag-boy-r-3000-2.jpg

In seriousness my club has the Clicgear's and I like them for the most part but they do not fit my Ping golf bag very well. It is always falling off to one side. They make this mount to put at the bottom but it is hokey. We used to use the Sun Mountains and they had the same problem but didn't have the mount.

Michael

I have Clicgear and really like it, I was using a stand bag on it and, as you can imagine, it wasn't an ideal marriage.  I just bought a Ping Pioneer cart bag and it fits on solid as a rock.  I'm looking forward to using this combo this season.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Sticky said:

I have Clicgear and really like it, I was using a stand bag on it and, as you can imagine, it wasn't an ideal marriage.  I just bought a Ping Pioneer cart bag and it fits on solid as a rock.  I'm looking forward to using this combo this season.

Stand bags are solid with the one ClicGear accessory. It’s a little Velcro collar with bumps.

This: https://www.clicgearusa.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CGBC02

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Not what I found.

ClicGear 3.5+ weighs 18 pounds

CaddyTek CaddyLite (The lighter of their two 3-wheelers) weighs 18.5 pounds

Sun Mountain Speed Cart Gx (also a 3-wheeler) weighs 18 pounds

Ogio's 3 wheeler also weighs 18 pounds.

Bag Boy has a 3-wheeler that only weighs 14 pounds, but it's not really comparable in terms of robustness. (way chintzier) 

Cube has a comparable 3 wheeler that only weighs 15 pounds, that might be the only lighter one I've seen out there. 

Granted that's only in terms of 3 wheelers. 
I didn't study the 4 wheelers as much, I knew fairly early on that I wanted a 3 wheeler. 

I'm seeing an "as tested" review weighing the cart at 19.5 lbs which is over 2 lbs more than a Sun Mountain Speed V - which seems to be the most popular version, at least that I see.

From personal experience, the clicgears are harder to steer. My two most frequent golf partners use them and from time to time I'll end up pushing it over to them. I think it might be that the handle is lower than my Sun Mountain, giving less leverage.

I'll say this, I have no doubt that a clicgear will outlast pretty much anything else out there. Those things are built like tanks. But for me, I'd rather have something lighter and more easily maneuvered.

• Like 1

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 1894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!