IGNORED

Favorite Push Cart Brand

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Push Carts  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite push cart brand?

• Clicgear
    • Sun Mountain
    • Bag Boy
    • CaddyTek
    • Other
    • I don't own a push cart
  2. 2. How many wheels on your (favorite) cart?

• Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • I don't own a push cart

• Administrator

Just curious.

I don't have a big preference between ClicGear and Sun Mountain. ClicGear has a few more accessories, and I slightly prefer the way their three-wheel carts fold up into 3D rectangles versus the "triangles" of the three-wheel Sun Mountain carts.

But both are great models. We have Sun Mountain carts for my home and for my college team, and ClicGear carts for my home, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have a "favorite" brand. I have only ever owned one cart, it's a cheap two-wheeler I bought on Amazon many years ago. I don't even know the name of the brand. It's prone to tipping if I take hills sideways and the bag spins around in it often, partly because the buckles on the straps are both cracked in different spots. I keep saying I'm going to replace it, then I find reasons not to spend the money to.

If/when I do replace it, I'm going to get a three-wheeler that I can push. I've read that four-wheelers can be harder to steer and with the two-wheeler, I can't do anything other than fumble around on my phone or GPS while walking.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm w/Bill, I just bought the simplest one as it was my first. Preference is for the one the folds up smallest and most durable, that looked like the Clic Gear but that was just examining it in the store no real experience. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, billchao said:

If/when I do replace it, I'm going to get a three-wheeler that I can push. I've read that four-wheelers can be harder to steer and with the two-wheeler, I can't do anything other than fumble around on my phone or GPS while walking.

I don't know about harder to steer. You lift up the front wheels either way, to turn, you know what I mean?

I prefer a three-wheeler, but… not by a wide margin. I'm not even sure why. I think it may literally be because the four-wheelers can sometimes rub on your bag, and your bag sits a little bit lower (the three-wheelers, your bag sits on top of the front wheel instead of down between the two front wheels).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm w/Bill, I just bought the simplest one as it was my first. Preference is for the one the folds up smallest and most durable, that looked like the Clic Gear but that was just examining it in the store no real experience. 

At the time, I figured I would buy it for $30 or whatever and use it for a year until I saved enough money for a good one. That was nine years ago...

I have been considering solving my strap problem by using bungees. That will buy a few more years of use out of it.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know about harder to steer. You lift up the front wheels either way, to turn, you know what I mean?

Yes and it's a good point. I've never actually tried it myself, just took some reviews/comparisons I've read online at their word.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, billchao said:

I have been considering solving my strap problem by using bungees. That will buy a few more years of use out of it.

Just get a good one, man.

You won't regret it. It'll make golf so much more enjoyable.

• Like 2

Don't know if it is my favorite, but the push cart that own is by CaddyTek and I love it. 

I walk at least nine every morning before work and if I am lucky another nine after.  No way I could walk that much without a push cart.  They are great!

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Clicgear trollies are made to out last the golfers using them.  Mine is going on 12+ years with only one issue. That being the parking brake cable became stuck. Went, and bought a $1.99 replacement, and it was fixed 10 minutes later. Mine came with real tires on it. They are still holding air and doing their job. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

The Clicgear is a miracle of industrial design. They are just fantastic. Just mind your fingers and learn how to unfold/fold it properly, using your foot on the front wheel.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I have been using a caddy tech 4 wheel version. It is very stable but I will say @iacas was correct about the every now and again the bag rubs with the 4 wheel version. Not so much when I use my cart bag, but definitely when i use my stand bag. Never had this issue when i had a 3 wheeler. It is not a big deal but could be annoying. Bottomline choose one that has what you are looking for. They are a great way to get around the course without the pressure on your back. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

It seems the 3 wheelers take up so much more trunk space than the fold up 4s. There are no 3 wheelers that fold up compact?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This does not seem terribly large. 

3F8DBB25-2A07-4497-BCC9-C131CEDB0B73.png

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

It seems the 3 wheelers take up so much more trunk space than the fold up 4s. There are no 3 wheelers that fold up compact?

clicgear-3_5+-push-cart-folded-unfolded-cw.jpg

clicgear-xfold.jpg

I wouldn't say you're correct, @nevets88.

Also, the "triangle" fold-up method is one of the reasons I dislike the Sun Mountain three-wheelers vs. the ClicGear three-wheelers.

I just bought a Rovic RV1C by Clicgear. Slightly cheaper, slightly smaller than the big brothers. It just rolls when I want it to, and then it’s out of mind. I bought the wheel cover to keep my car clean. A little fat when folded compared to my old 2-wheeled cheapy, which was longer. Now if I could get the irons to stop slapping the fairways in the Org 14 bag...

Thanks all. Will put that Clicgear on the list. 

Steve

I bought a Bag Boy three-wheel cart in 2008, when I was playing 4x /week and carrying all four rounds.  Finally decided to invest the $100 or so in a cart.  I'd still be using it today, except I gave it to my mom at the end of last summer.  I intended to get a new Sun Mountain, similar to the one they gave away as a promotion here, but while deciding some details (I take forever to make a decision on things) I mentioned it to a friend who sadly doesn't play golf anymore.  She let me borrow her four-wheel Sun Mountain cart which I really like.  

So... favorite brand, I dunno.  

I really liked with the Bag Boy how easy it was to fit an insulated bag under it to hold snacks and water, which could be kept cold.  But now I have the various "keep it cold 24 hours" bottles that I can put right into my bag, so I only keep a small pouch for various snacks, so I don't quite need that feature anymore.  I can also fit the same pouches for my borrowed Sun Mountain bag.

What I didn't like about the Bag Boy, and I don't know what the cause of this was, was that my bag would often shift left/right, so it'd be sitting on its side.  Maybe I never learned to secure it properly, maybe the bags I had weren't balanced, I don't know.  It would cause issues getting at some side pockets.  The four wheeler Sun Mountain keeps my bag in the same orientation.

I like the way the four-wheeler Sun Mountain folds up, but as seen above, there are other brands that have a three wheeler that folds up just as nicely.  As someone who drives a sedan without a huge trunk (I drive a Mazda 3), having room in my trunk for the cart and other things is nice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Having used many different types, I would say that 3 wheelers are easier to steer than 4s, also that bigger wheels roll better than smaller wheels, and also weight makes a difference in that a lighter cart obvs will less work exerted over the course of a round. Thankfully, it seems they've phased out the inflatable tires design for the solid ones.

Colin P.

I have a CaddyTek 3 wheel cart.  Love it, the only thing is that the size is kinda weird.  I'm sure it's not much different than any other cart but for where I want to put it, the design makes it awkward.  That's definitely more of my own personal issue and the size limitations of my vehicle but in general use I love the heck out of it.  If I ever replace it, I would like to see all the carts available stowed up as I sometimes forget the right order to collapse mine and it doesn't fit together right otherwise.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!