IGNORED

You're Down to 4 Clubs in Your Bag...What Are They???

N8theGr8_1988
Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wedge, 7 iron, hybrid, driver 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver, hybrid, pigeon wedge...and a Canadian Club for cooler weather conditions.  I'd putt with the hybrid.  The Canadian Club could also serve as emergency snake-bite medicine.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I think I’d choose Driver, 5 iron, 8 iron, sand wedge.

(I once did a 3 club match against a buddy and I think for that one I went 3w, 7i, wedge and he went hybrid, 8i, putter, and we ended up tying lol)

This is interesting...might have to give it a go in a 2 ball format next time I have enough time to do so during a round and the course isn't busy.

I would go Dr, 2H, 7i, GW.  Use the GW or 2H for putting.

4 drivers - you guys are such 'scientists' studying the game down to the nano-details.  I "Feel" my game.

10 hours ago, Piz said:

Driver, hybrid, pigeon wedge...and a Canadian Club for cooler weather conditions.  I'd putt with the hybrid.  The Canadian Club could also serve as emergency snake-bite medicine.

aside - What's a "pigeon wedge"

Bill - 

24 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

4 drivers - you guys are such 'scientists' studying the game down to the nano-details.  I "Feel" my game.

aside - What's a "pigeon wedge"

Years ago, I started calling my pitching wedge a "pigeon" wedge.  Most people don't notice the difference if you say it quickly and casually.  I use a lot of near homonyms...for my own amusement.  Four egg sample:  I sometimes use pear halves in lieu of perhaps.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

1 hour ago, Piz said:

Years ago, I started calling my pitching wedge a "pigeon" wedge.  Most people don't notice the difference if you say it quickly and casually.  I use a lot of near homonyms...for my own amusement.  Four egg sample:  I sometimes use pear halves in lieu of perhaps.

charming - a very 'old uncle joe' kind of thing to do

Bill - 

Driver, 5i, 9i, Putter. You know like those old 4 club junior sets? I don't like the smaller wedges anyway.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Driver, 4h, 8i, putter. I should try this some time. I know my men's club has done '3 club' events but I haven't had a chance to enter one yet. If it was only 3 clubs, I think I'd take the putter out and use either the driver or 4h for putts. 

Driver, 5i, 56W (lot of sand on my course) and putter. I use my 5i for lot of punch shots from trouble with very good effect.

The question is how many shots do you all estimate you would loose compared to a full 14 club set? I think I would be about 5 shots off at the most.  In fact, it would be a fun idea to plan a full round shot by shot on a particular course and then, at some point execute and compare the results.  

2 hours ago, Piz said:

How about a sandwich?

Vishal S.

Putter, SW, 5I and 5W. 

I've tried putting with various wedges and irons and it doesn't work.

Gotta have the wedge for anything inside 60 yards.

The 5W and 5I give me the best mix of distance and reliability.

3W: Not that much a gap between my driver and 3W, and I could much more easily go off the deck with the 3W
5i: Distance iron
8i: Approach iron
54° SW: My home club is brutal around the greens (steep bunkers, tons of bad-close-misses, and lots of tough pin locations); this would give me an approach ~100y and in, and bounce around the greens

My putting is so spotty right now that I could probably putt with any of the above without losing much.

My choices are built around my home club; we're only ~6400y from the tips, but they protect par with tight, tree-lined fairways and difficult greenside areas.  I'd likely go Dr/4H/7i/54W if playing a bigger/longer course. 

Edited by BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

First, a tip of the cap to @N8theGr8_1988 for a nice discussion query.

I would take Driver, 7 iron, pitching wedge and putter.  If I hit my 3 wood more consistently, that might replace the driver.  The course and tee chosen might change things a bit but let's go with this.

Who is going to do it and report?

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

9 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

First, a tip of the cap to @N8theGr8_1988 for a nice discussion query.

I would take Driver, 7 iron, pitching wedge and putter.  If I hit my 3 wood more consistently, that might replace the driver.  The course and tee chosen might change things a bit but let's go with this.

Who is going to do it and report?

I've already done it. With 3 less clubs yet. 😁

Guessing somewhere between 7 strokes over my average to my average...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Driver, 2-Iron, PW, Putter. Pretty much all I use anyways, at this time.

" No one succeeds without effort... Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.

Let come what comes, let go what goes. See what remains. "

- RM

Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!