IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ugh, slept in this morning.  I even went to sleep at about my usual time too and set alarms.  Oh well, I'm awake now and coffee is being made.  Just saw Tiger barely miss a putt.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Woulda loved to see that one drop but I can live with it.

Side note: I've followed Chappell at the Masters practice round and the U.S. Open third round. That's the whole side note. No real insights here.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 minutes ago, jamo said:

I've followed Chappell at the Masters practice round and the U.S. Open

On purpose? lol. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I watched all 3 previous rounds almost in their entirety. Today I'm not going to watch much because I'm busy 😥

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, Vinsk said:

On purpose? lol. 

At the Masters the gallery following his group was sparse and we wanted to get a good look at the front nine (had already followed Tiger and Phil around the back), and at the Open he was playing with Daniel Berger (they were one of the more interesting early pairings), and Berger ended up going pretty low.

Chappell also seems like a good dude, and he really stripes the ball.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 minute ago, billchao said:

I watched all 3 previous rounds almost in their entirety. Today I'm not going to watch much because I'm busy 😥

Landing.jpg

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Just now, jamo said:

At the Masters the gallery following his group was sparse and we wanted to get a good look at the front nine (had already followed Tiger and Phil around the back), and at the Open he was playing with Daniel Berger (they were one of the more interesting early pairings), and Berger ended up going pretty low.

Chappell also seems like a good dude, and he really stripes the ball.

Cool. Of course he stripes it. He's DJ's stand in. Damn near twins.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

This is the first round I'll be watching pretty much in its entirety. I watched all of Tiger's rounds Thursday and Saturday (was watching on DVR but it was getting late so I turned it off when he finished), but I messed up my recording on Friday so only caught the last few holes. 

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Cool. Of course he stripes it. He's DJ's stand in. Damn near twins.

I actually thought he was DJ at the Masters until he got to the green and I saw the Nike hat haha

In my bag:

Just not a fan of Jacobsen. I don't find him funny at all, "Tiger can't gamble to go for flag..Let's wait and see how everyone does?" No. It's Sunday and you're 4 back. It's not a day to putz around with pars.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Vinsk said:

It's not a day to putz around with pars.

Pun intended I assume.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

No. It's Sunday and you're 4 back. It's not a day to putz around with pars.

Dunno - I think if he ends up -4 then he may be in with a shout. There are flags he can go for and ones where par is good. I could see most ending up over par if the wind gets up more.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

-5 could win this. I still think it’ll take at least -7 though. Probably -8 or -9.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What a great approach from Tiger.

From 133 yards with an 8-iron.

For reference, that's about what I'd hit in calm conditions from that distance.  Of course, Tiger wasn't in calm conditions nor did he take a full swing at it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Kistner is stinking it up early. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Woo!  Tiger gets a birdie.  Keep it up, but we aren't starting 59 watch just yet.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!