IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

With all the drama of the big names today, it looks like we’re headed towards a dramatic Molinari-Schauffele finish *sarcasm. I mean, yeah, somewhat big names but guys that will put you to sleep.

I think it's amazing how you can sour on this.  What a great Sunday and maybe Molinari isn't the flashiest guy but he played rock solid out there today and merits this result.  Xander showed some comeback from adversity, made some nice sand saves and just hit a great shot to potentially birdie.

I won't be upset if either one wins this. 

• Like 2

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Bridgestone out. :-(

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well...there’s that 71.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Oh come on! :-( 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

That might get him to Akron.

Can't blame him for not wanting to spend a week in Akron

My Paisan with the putt to win!!!!!

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Well...there’s that 71.

I called that one. :-P

And the winning score.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Congrats to Franny. Hell of a final round.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I used to have a Molinari.  Traded up to a Ninja a couple years back.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

If Xander and Kisner fall back, can Tiger still make Akron?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, b101 said:

Hmm, interesting take. Let's compare one moron at this event with the hundreds of mashed potato / bababooey and similar calls at every PGA tour showing. 

Not claiming everyone European is perfect, simply pointing out that blanket statements are stupid.

Edit: and, as others said, it sounded like an American accent.

I can never remember one of those calls coming mid swing on the 72nd hole of a major.

The last group is way behind. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, skydog said:

I can never remember one of those calls coming mid swing on the 72nd hole of a major.

True, and I'm not trying to condone or defend it. I just think there are some fans of all nationalities that are morons and the 'oh, those European/American fans' attitude is stupid - hence pointing out the other side of the coin. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It sounded like an a-hole to me.

I agree.Didn't sound euro either.Didn't hear an accent but it could be been someone in stands watching other green not paying attention to 18 tee.

I don’t see Xander making a birdie and Par will be tough from that spot on 17. It’s looking more like Molinari.

Just now, Aflighter said:

I agree.Didn't sound euro either.Didn't hear an accent but it could be been someone in stands watching other green not paying attention to 18 tee.

He literally said Tiger's name...

Just now, Aflighter said:

Well fortunately it didn't affect his shot.

I know it's just hilarious to presume you didn't hear an accent while not hearing him clearly say Tiger.

Note: This thread is 2096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!