IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note:Β This thread is 2059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Yikes.Β  I imagine it's too late for his sponsor to get workable replacements to him.

I wonder how often an airline loses a tour player's clubs.Β  I figured with recurring customers who (probably) fly first class and drop a lot of money on the product they'd be more careful.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They don't have golf stores or pro shops in Manchester?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Can you imagine the reaction from sponsors if someone won an important trophy with a putter they got in the $39 used bin? ;-)Β 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

1 hour ago, jamo said:

This. Why on earth withdraw?? Just go get clubs and play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

• iacas changed the title to 2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I would post this in the Carnoustie Open Championship thread ...Β  but it's gone

I have no idea where it went, either.

I'd look through the backups to get it back, too, but… whatever. It was only about 20 posts long.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I have no idea where it went, either.

I'd look through the backups to get it back, too, but… whatever. It was only about 20 posts long.

no big deal, I thought maybe I was misremembering that there was already a thread

And G-Mac withdraws from the qualifier

Β 

Players play, tough players win!

Well...give it 98% with whatever you can get your hands on and see how it goes.Β Β 

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

G-Mac really trying to throw the bad publicity at AirFrance.Β  Can't say I blame him given his circumstance.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I would post this in the Carnoustie Open Championship thread ...Β  but it's gone

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

Yikes.Β  I imagine it's too late for his sponsor to get workable replacements to him.

I wonder how often an airline loses a tour player's clubs.Β  I figured with recurring customers who (probably) fly first class and drop a lot of money on the product they'd be more careful.

Β 

6 hours ago, jamo said:

Don't pros often have a back-up set? Β I don't know, really--just asking. Β I guess even if he did, it might be in Florida and wouldn't get to the UK in time tomorrow.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: SilencerΒ bag (on the :clicgear:Β cart)
Driver: :callaway:Β Razr Fit 10.5Β° Β 
5 Wood: :tmade:Β Burner Β 
Hybrid: :cobra:Β Baffler DWSΒ 20Β°
Irons: :ping:Β G400Β 
Wedge:Β :ping:Β Glide 2.0Β 54Β° ES grindΒ 
Putter: :heavyputter:Β  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,Β Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4

4 hours ago, colin007 said:

It seems so bizarre to even "threaten" to WD. Air France doesn't give a shit if he can't play a golf tournament.Β 

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, jamo said:

It seems so bizarre to even "threaten" to WD. Air France doesn't give a shit if he can't play a golf tournament.Β 

Seriously.

And he's claiming that their entire Twitter account has gone silent because he lost his clubs? I don't know about that.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Exactly. And if you don’t qualify, then you’ve got two tournaments as a lifeline that can get you in. There’s no risk toΒ using a backup set. Only reward. So I don’t get it.

Edited by ChrisP

Yup can’t say I understand his logic on the withdrawal here. Maybe something else already going on and he found his scapegoat? Just speculation...

My question is why is he flying commercial? Don't they have "Wheels Up" or any number of private carriers where he is located? Where you can load your clubs yourself or see them being loaded? Major screw up!

12 hours ago, Aflighter said:

Sounds like he doesn't care to play.I'd be buying a set somewhere and do my best geez.

Well let’s be honest here ...G-Mac? As if.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note:Β This thread is 2059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!