Sign in to follow this  
Sixwings86

Finished my first-ever 9 holes this morning.

15 posts / 1259 viewsLast Reply

I played just my second ever 9-holes this morning, the first I was able to finish (a work thing came up last time) I picked up some clubs and started with the range and a couple of lessons late last fall, but haven’t forced myself out onto the course until recently.

I hit 44 on a little par 32 9 hole course. I guess if my math is correct, that’s about 100 on a full par-72. 

Now, this little course is very forgiving and has no real sand or water, except a river that runs along one fairway, but it’s well OB. 

I putted pretty well (no threes, just 17  for the 9 holes). I even got my first par on a 140yard par 3, where I pulled my 7 iron a couple yards left of the green, but chipped to within 4 and one-putted. It felt pretty good, I’m not gonna lie. 

I think I’m going to like this game of golf...

Edited by Sixwings86

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Congratulations and welcome...to the asylum.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As with all first time events, it felt good, didn't it? 

Welcome to TST, and enjoy your golfing journey. 

2 hours ago, Sixwings86 said:

I played just my second ever 9-holes this morning, the first I was able to finish (a work thing came up last time) I picked up some clubs and started with the range and a couple of lessons late last fall, but haven’t forced myself out onto the course until recently.

I hit 44 on a little par 32 9 hole course. I guess if my math is correct, that’s about 100 on a full par-72. 

Now, this little course is very forgiving and has no real sand or water, except a river that runs along one fairway, but it’s well OB. 

I putted pretty well (no threes, just 17  for the 9 holes). I even got my first par on a 140yard par 3, where I pulled my 7 iron a couple yards left of the green, but chipped to within 4 and one-putted. It felt pretty good, I’m not gonna lie. 

Congrats! Welcome to the Wonderful World of Golf. 

Just one whiff (a par) and you are already addicted? Welcome to the club! 😉

Welcome the the game, congrats on a good feeling first round. Hope you progress at a pace that makes the game fun for you. Remember- it is a humbling game, but a rewarding one as well. 

3 minutes ago, Sixwings86 said:

Thanks, everyone. 

It truly seems like all I can think about anymore is golf. I really think I might be in trouble.  

You aren't in trouble...you are in good company.  If golf is a disease; it is an affliction that none of us wish to be cured of.  And we all, silently, rejoice when the game claims another victim.  Golf is good for you.  It may seem otherwise, at times, but that is part of the charm.

Congratulations - that's a really good first round! Dread to think what my score was and not sure I counted for the first however many... Glad to hear you've got the bug and look forward to hearing how it all goes for you. Enjoy!

On 7/4/2018 at 10:21 AM, Sixwings86 said:

You actually putted very well, no 3 putts in your first time playing is great. Being able to putt and chip well will really help your scores stay low. Good luck in your future golf endeavors.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, Sixwings86 said:

Thanks, everyone. 

It truly seems like all I can think about anymore is golf. I really think I might be in trouble.  

I am in the same boat.

Before this year I played about 10 rounds in my life.

I have played every day this week and am playing tonight, tomorrow and the next day.

If this is a sickness, I don't want no cure!