IGNORED

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

jimnm
Note: This thread is 1940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well at least the finish should be good. 

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Hate to say it but this has ruined PPV golf for me forever...☹️

Yeah. Unless they get rid of announcers completely or something close, I won’t buy in to something like this again. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver 6-iron into a par-5.  Let's remember this when people ask why there are 500 yard par-4s on tour.

Huh, crowd was invitation only.  My next in-person professional tournament won't be, although I'm not yet sure which it will be.

Tiger didn't want to win on Phil missing a 3' putt.  Jack famously conceded a similar putt many years ago.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

No way I concede that last putt for Phil...damn.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Well at least the finish should be good. 

Yeah. Unless they get rid of announcers completely or something close, I won’t buy in to something like this again. 

The only announcers they should have are on-course announcers walking with the guys, so that they can interview them directly. And they should be told not to talk much so that we can hear the players most of the time.

An on-course guy could do a lot of good - egg players on to make more side bets, ask players what they’re thinking or feeling, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, Vinsk said:

He didn’t want to potentially win from a missed 4ft putt. They want to win from playing good shots.

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Me either, but also… it’s a bit more of a “show” than it is a straight up match.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

The only announcers they should have are on-course announcers walking with the guys, so that they can interview them directly. And they should be told not to talk much so that we can hear the players most of the time.

An on-course guy could do a lot of good - egg players on to make more side bets, ask players what they’re thinking or feeling, etc.

I’d like that

Philip Kohnken, PGA

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I agree and now I'm thinking what this would have been today with Feherty filling that role. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, phillyk said:

He didn’t want to potentially win from a missed 4ft putt. They want to win from playing good shots.

So much for that.

Phil with not a great shot there. Almost lucky it didn’t go in the water, and then unlucky that it plugged in the sand.

Tiger to 6 or 7’? Can Phil get inside of that?

Tiger's birdie putt looks a lot like last time around. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

TV says closer to 8’.

93 yards…

Oooh, a 93 yard par-3 is next.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Which green are they using for #20?  Is it a practice green?

-- Michael | My swing! 

“In this diminishing light, it’s hard to read break.”

If only there were a way to use proprioception 😆

• Informative 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Did that land behind the woman and spin through her legs?

-- Michael | My swing! 

I’m betting @iacas would’ve hit better shots than both of them walking straight outta the crowd to the shot. What a mess.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Nice lag chip by Tiger. :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!