Jump to content
jimnm

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

482 posts / 28870 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'll pass. It's basically a week away, and the people who will watch will watch, and talk about it here.

I'll be paying and watching.

yea....me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Is there a Vegas line on how long the round will last?

I think it ends on the 16th hole, with Tiger winning 3&2.

But I don't really care as long as it's entertaining.

The result of the round will not change how I view their careers even the tiniest little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think it ends on the 16th hole, with Tiger winning 3&2.

But I don't really care as long as it's entertaining.

The result of the round will not change how I view their careers even the tiniest little bit.

Agree. I hope there is a lot of fun banter between them too. It should be fun and I am not going anywhere near a store that day anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Agree. I hope there is a lot of fun banter between them too. It should be fun and I am not going anywhere near a store that day anyway.

And swearing. Phil said there would be. It is PPV after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Sweet!

I think it’d be awesome to have Samuel Jackson and Pat Perez announcing the round in the ‘Muppets Judges’ style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think it’d be awesome to have Samuel Jackson and Pat Perez announcing the round in the ‘Muppets Judges’ style.

Caddying! Samuel L would be an awesome caddy.

"You are NOT going to try that M-fing shot!"

"Someone get those M-fing Patrons off the M-fing fairway!"

"Yo! Phil! What's in YOUR wallet? $9 Million???"

Samuel L.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Caddying! Samuel L would be an awesome caddy.

"You are NOT going to try that M-fing shot!"

"Someone get those M-fing Patrons off the M-fing fairway!"

"Yo! Phil! What's in YOUR wallet? $9 Million???"

Samuel L.jpg

That I would watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6F381E67-90F1-4DED-B9C4-6EDC22BAF760.jpeg.a9568c627e876b0a26a5fa32b6c6f517.jpegPeter Kostis: ‘ I think Tiger’s swing is a bit more inside than about a month ago.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think this would have been cool to do like they did i think around 99 with woods and duval. Wide world of sports special. But then again the censorless aspect of PPV will be fun if they actually talk a little $hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to understand why I have absolutely no interest in this match. I am a golf addict, stay glued to The Golf Channel, watch all the tours but from the moment I heard about this I have had no interest. I like both Tiger and Phil. I thought as we got closer I would become more interested.  I used to watch the Shell Wonderful World of Golf as a child and enjoyed it.  I guess it seems to me we have seen this match-up 4 times a year for years in the major championships. I would like to get excited about it. Is there something I am missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, fburns said:

I am trying to understand why I have absolutely no interest in this match. I am a golf addict, stay glued to The Golf Channel, watch all the tours but from the moment I heard about this I have had no interest. I like both Tiger and Phil. I thought as we got closer I would become more interested.  I used to watch the Shell Wonderful World of Golf as a child and enjoyed it.  I guess it seems to me we have seen this match-up 4 times a year for years in the major championships. I would like to get excited about it. Is there something I am missing?

I was in the same boat.  I think the reason why I'm more interested now is because it isn't about the golf match.  The golf side of it is meh because there's nothing really new and not worth spending $20 for.  But, I think it's about listening to their conversations and talking crap to one another, hopefully the whole round, that makes it worth it.  You rarely get this deep into the minds of professional golfers as they play, especially two golfers with such a history/rivalry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, fburns said:

I am trying to understand why I have absolutely no interest in this match. I am a golf addict, stay glued to The Golf Channel, watch all the tours but from the moment I heard about this I have had no interest. I like both Tiger and Phil. I thought as we got closer I would become more interested.  I used to watch the Shell Wonderful World of Golf as a child and enjoyed it.  I guess it seems to me we have seen this match-up 4 times a year for years in the major championships. I would like to get excited about it. Is there something I am missing?

No.

And my thoughts exactly as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...