IGNORED

3 Wood the Hardest Club to Find?

Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, cooke119 said:

I hit my three wood as far as I hit my driver and with more accuracy. Now I know it is me not the clubs but still, I play full rounds just using my three wood. And by the way I hit it as far as the guys I play with who use a driver, (and they are all over the place).

I realize you just took a lesson regarding slicing, but your comment is one of the motivating factors for this post by Mike: 

Have you read it?  If you're hitting your 3-wood as far (or further) than your driver, assuming the driver isn't grossly unfit for you, I would bet you're not hitting your driver correctly. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just ordered an Adams Blue 3 wood from Direct Golf for £44.99. Many of the course's i play dont really require a driver and the one i have isnt great. Never really bothered with a 3 wood but i've been using 5w off the tee lately so figured i'd give a decent quality 3w a go.

Cant use it for a while as recovering from surgery i had on Monday so pretty annoyed.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

no issues - this one is the best ever - Callaway Epic (did a formal fitting here too)

the last one was very nice too - Nike VR Pro ii

Bill - 

Yes.

My 3wood is the second oldest club i use. I tried the newer Taylormade and Titlleist woods with comparable shafts to what i have in my Titliest 910 and i was dribbling the damn things everywhere. Im using the one i have now until the face cracks. Which is the only reason i stopped using my old Titleist 906 3W. 

The problem for us mere mortals comes from playing different models in play that aren't built for us... instead we rely on demo programs that offer fairly stock options when we would normally be fit into something very specific.  Its a huge financial burden to just keep trying new clubs, scouring used stores and ebay looking for the "right" club.

Edited by DDBowdoin

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!