IGNORED

2018 John Deere Classic

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Steven Bowditch goes to twitter to find a caddie for the week

And he picks a kid who is turning 17 on Friday (look at his timeline for the storyline)

If this kid can get Bowditch playing the weekend then he deserves a bonus.
Here is his OWGR summary

bowditch OWGR 7-11-18.JPG

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Thumbs Up 1

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great, classic tournament; I've always liked the 'Quad Cities Open', a staple on the Tour since the early 70s. They've historically had a tough spot on the schedule, the week before the Open Championship.

Scores after the first round are certainly low, looks like you'll need to go 20 under or better to win if that keeps up.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Disappointed to see that DeChambeau had to withdraw with a shoulder injury and won't get to defend his title. Hopefully he is not out of commission very long.

Don't you shank no more 

Round 2 and the low scores keep on keeping on. John Huh just posted a sweet little 8 under 63 to get within shouting distance of the lead. Canadian David Hearn posted a 64 today and currently leads at -12.

Don't you shank no more 

Steve Wheatcroft & Michael Kim have pushed the lead to -13. And its good to see Harold Varner III having another good week, he's at -8 with a few holes to play. Last week at the Greenbriar he was tied for the lead going to Sunday looking for his first win (which would have accomplished something not done in 32 years on Tour). Maybe HV3 will make another run and this will be the week.

Don't you shank no more 

12 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Steve Wheatcroft & Michael Kim have pushed the lead to -13. And its good to see Harold Varner III having another good week, he's at -8 with a few holes to play. Last week at the Greenbriar he was tied for the lead going to Sunday looking for his first win (which would have accomplished something not done in 32 years on Tour). Maybe HV3 will make another run and this will be the week.

What did I miss that he could have done that hasn't been done since '86?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

First African American to win a Tour event since 1986, both Jim Thorpe & Calvin Peete won that year.

Meanwhile Michael Kim is making a statement, getting it to 16 under, 4 shots clear of 2nd place.

Edited by MrGolfguy67

Don't you shank no more 

17 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

First African American to win a Tour event since 1986, both Jim Thorpe & Calvin Peete won that year.

?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Tiger Woods is multi-racial. His mother is Thai and Indian while his father is mixed race of African American and Caucasian. After he won the Masters in 1997 he was asked if it bothered him that people were referring to him as African American, his reply was "Yes".  Shortly afterwards Woods made up a term to describe his ethnicity - Cablinasian. That is still what Woods answers when someone asks him what is race is.

Ca - for Caucasian

bl - for Black

in - for Indian

asian - for Asian (Thai)

Don't you shank no more 

• iacas changed the title to 2018 John Deere Classic

Back on topic

Play has been suspended in round 2 with just a few players finishing the final 3 or so holes. Kim (still -16 and 4 shots clear) is on the 18th green with a 27 foot putt for birdie waiting to be hit when play resumes.

Don't you shank no more 

8 hours ago, MacDutch said:

I see Danny Lee got dqed after the second round. Qué pasa?

Evidently he switched golf ball style mid round:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Bowditch has trimmed down quite a bit.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm not making a Scottish Open thread - so I'll put here

Patrick Reed needs three swings to get out of a pot bunker
https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/reed-needs-three-swings-pot-bunker-scotland/

Discussion thread here (misleading thread title): 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm not making a Scottish Open thread - so I'll put here

Patrick Reed needs three swings to get out of a pot bunker
https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/reed-needs-three-swings-pot-bunker-scotland/

Bunkers are supposed to be penal; most of the bunkers in the US are too easy for the PGA pros to get up & down from - not much penalty at all.

Don't you shank no more 

15 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Kim (still -16 and 4 shots clear) is on the 18th green with a 27 foot putt for birdie waiting to be hit when play resumes.

He ended up 3 putting for bogey on 18 so he's at -15 headed to the weekend. He has a 3 shot lead over a foursome in 2nd (-12) - Wheatcroft, Hearn, Wagner, and Burgoon.

Don't you shank no more 

Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!