• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Thanks! Ol Bryson ended up getting pretty big haha.
    • Hey, it's almost a month earlier than we did this last year! Kickstarter of the Year We sometimes don't give out these awards, because often the major championship topics rank at the top (that happened this year too), sometimes long-running topics like "5 Minutes Daily" or "What'd You Shoot Today" are at the top. And sometimes they're just an easy win, like the "Tiger Catch-All Topic." But this past year we dealt with a pandemic, and are still dealing with it, and we also saw some interesting developments from within the golf world. So, without further ado, our Gold, Silver, and Bronze medalists in the Kickstarter of the Year, the people who started some of the busiest topics of the year, are: KOTY #3: TST's Bronze Kickstarter of the Year is… @Piz for asking what we were all doing now given the quarantine earlier in the year. KOTY #2: TST's Silver Kickstarter of the Year is… @ShawnSum wondered just what in the heck Bryson was doing, and a lot of other people wanted to talk about him as well! ROTY #1: TST's Gold Rookie of the Year is… @dennyjones asked whether COVID-19 was affecting your golf.       Rookie of the Year These members joined the site within the last month of 2019 or any time in 2020 and amassed the most reputation points while remaining in good standing throughout the year (only points earned in 2020 count). Just as you'd expect, of course! These members have a bright future ahead of themselves! Note: winning Rookie of the Year does not preclude you from also winning Member of the Year awards. It'd be like a rookie in a major sport also winning the MVP - it can happen. It just didn't happen this year… 😄 ROTY #3: TST's Bronze Rookie of the Year is… With 32 reputation points in 175 posts (a 0.183 ratio), and after joining on Christmas Day, 2019, @Sandy Lie! ROTY #2: TST's Silver Rookie of the Year is… Joining on June 22, 2020 and earning 37 reputation points in 100 posts (0.370), we haven't seen him in awhile but hope he will return, let's congratulate @ShaftFarmer!! ROTY #1: TST's Gold Rookie of the Year is… Racking up 56 reputation votes in total, this member joined May 15, 2020 and racked up a winning total in only 276 posts (0.203)! Let's congratulate @StuM on his Rookie of the Year award!! Congratulations! Now, it's on to the big one. The one we've all been waiting for. The… Member of the Year These members are the best of the best. They amassed the most reputation points during the calendar year 2020, and remained in good standing throughout the year. Their peers - you guys and gals - felt their posts were worthy of the most thanks, skins, fist bumps, high fives, or reputation, whatever you want to call it. These are the elite. The people who make insightful posts that help further the discussion… even if you disagree with them occasionally. Or frequently. Reminder: staff (me, @nevets88, @billchao, @boogielicious, @phillyk, @DaveP043, @woodzie264, @georgep, and @TN94z — in no particular order) are ineligible for yearly awards, or we would have taken home some hardware here. But, moderating you fine folks is prize enough, and we thank you for your contributions to our community here! Without further ado… MOTY #3: TST's Bronze Member of the Year is… After joining on August 21, 2018, and making 1,950 posts, roughly one third of which include the phrases "white belt" or "ice cream [truck|man]", this member works hard on his swing when he works on it, and the rest of the time dreams of the days since he was able to wear a white belt. Having long surpassed his "rule of 35" in both of the ways, he amassed 346 points in 2020. Our bronze Member of the Year for 2020 is… @ChetlovesMer! MOTY #2: TST's Silver Member of the Year is… This member made a new year's resolution a few years ago and has stuck to it ever since, unlike literally everyone else in the world. His new year's resolution was to post witty rejoinders and join us in making merriment. He joined on January 1, 2017 and has made 2,958 posts since then. In 2020, he amassed 414 reputation points. For 2020, the silver Member of the Year is… @Double Mocha Man! MOTY #1: TST's Gold Member of the Year is… When this member isn't busy dealing with the health crisis, injuring himself on skateboards or bicycles or something, or dealing with the health crisis in his own game known as Accute Hosilitis, he's amassing 502 reputation points in 2020! With a current content count of 6,809 posts since joining on March 24, 2014… He's the… uhhhhh… Dustin Johnson (?) of TST for 2020, the cream of the crop once again, and a repeat gold medal MOTY winner… @Vinsk!
    • Since the putter doesn't hang straight down, it will always have an arc in it unless you do some strange adjustments with the putting stroke.   
    • I try to walk any time the course allows it to spare the monstrous cart fee if nothing else.   Certainly I understand why courses may need to have cart path only, but I just won't do it again.  You decent golfers can pound balls down the concrete path and it isn't that bad. My buddy and I can't (or not on that day anyway). The time we wasted going back and forth was mind-numbing. The home course is easily walked. If I venture out and cart path only is a risk, I'm going to call and ask.   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. adamgoodman
      adamgoodman
      (27 years old)
    2. Cartagolf
      Cartagolf
      (25 years old)
    3. gnider
      gnider
      (34 years old)
    4. Hoganman1
      Hoganman1
      (71 years old)
    5. unigolf
      unigolf
      (28 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...