IGNORED

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

lastings
Note: This thread is 2012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Worried about Molinari vs Mickelson, Casey vs Koepka, Rose vs Simpson....those are gonna be tough matches to win. Casey an amazing singles player. Not sure how much Tiger has left in tank. Just gonna be a tough task to to turn this around. If I were a betting man, I’d say Europe ends up with 16 pts.

Casey v Koepka scares me the least of those pairings to be honest. I think rose is clearly better than Simpson and Mickelson is up against the guy playing better than anyone this week (IMO).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Worried about Molinari vs Mickelson, Casey vs Koepka, Rose vs Simpson....those are gonna be tough matches to win. Casey an amazing singles player. Not sure how much Tiger has left in tank. Just gonna be a tough task to to turn this around. If I were a betting man, I’d say Europe ends up with 16 pts.

Phil vs Molinari is a great pull for the US. The way Phil’s playing he’s not beating anyone. Essentially the euros “wasted” the guy playing the best for them to pick up a point that likely anyone on their team could beat handily. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Yeah. Molinari will whip Phil something awful. 6/5. Koepka wants to bomb it and just can’t get his style going on this course..he loses 4/3. Rose and Simpson interesting...Rose just too dialed in and pulls off a win late with 1 up.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
7 hours ago, laconic517 said:

Ugly ugly morning matches.  Wtf has Reed been doing.  Any thoughts on him playing with his hero (TW) putting to much pressure on him?  Would seem like Tiger Koepka could be a good pairing.

Tiger’s partners suck. I’m not sure Reed broke 85. Bryson couldn’t hit a huge green from 138. Such horrible play.

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

He's smart continually putting Molinari/Fleetwood against Tiger.

He isn’t doing that. They’re blind.

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

Because US has longer hitters, but worse ballstrikers.

Hardy har.

4 hours ago, Gettin Better said:

Nice to see Woods keeping to his normal  Ryder Cup form ... but hope that some USA  players give us a bit of a contest

Your run of incredibly stupid posts continues. Have you watched the event? His play has been “okay” but his partners have absolutely blown.

Reed and SLIG continued their shit play from the Tour Championship.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your run of incredibly stupid posts continues. Have you watched the event? His play has been “okay” but his partners have absolutely blown.

Reed and SLIG continued their shit play from the Tour Championship.

Please don't feed the trolls... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Please don't feed the trolls... 

You’re right.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I feel pretty good about our lineup tomorrow until the last 4. I fully understand the need to front load our lineup or the rest is inconsequential but it sucks that Phil, Bubba and BDC are likely to be three losses in the last four matches. My guess is we win 4 of the first five matches and then it will come down to whether we can stay competitive and maybe go 2-2 in the last four.

Reed has been a surprising disappointment. I know he is a bit over the top and rubs some people the wrong way (not Poulter class) but dude has a solidity that seems absent. IDK, French vibes..

Vishal S.

40 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

I just put 1000 on America to come back. 14-14 will be the final score. 

You finally get parole?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

When looking at the pairings the 4 points up doesn't seem like much.

SUNDAY SINGLES MATCHUPS (ET)

6:05 a.m. — Justin Thomas vs. Rory McIlroy
6:17 a.m. — Paul Casey vs. Brooks Koepka
6:29 a.m. — Webb Simpson vs. Justin Rose
6:41 a.m. — Tiger Woods vs. Jon Rahm
6:53 a.m. — Tony Finau vs. Tommy Fleetwood
7:05 a.m. — Dustin Johnson vs. Ian Poulter
7:17 a.m. — Jordan Spieth vs. Thorbjorn Olesen
7:29 a.m. — Rickie Fowler vs. Sergio Garcia
7:41 a.m. — Phil Mickelson vs. Francesco Molinari
7:53 a.m. — Patrick Reed vs. Tyrrell Hatton
8:05 a.m. — Bubba Watson vs. Henrik Stenson
8:17 a.m. — Bryson DeChambeau vs. Alex Noren

I do feel it's realistic that we get 4,5 points, I have no idea who wins Casey vs Koepka, but Casey is motivated as can be, Olesen also didn't play a match the past 2 days so he might come out on fire or just tank and in the last match we could get blown out by Bryson or it could very well be the other way around. 

Seems like in a lot of the recent Ryder Cups, there has always been a big deficit from one team or the other going into the last day. Will try and look up some stats later on that, but I know in a couple of them, the team that's been down has made a run. Most memorable was 2010 when the US nearly made a massive comeback in Wales and in 2012 when the Euros came all the way back at Medinah to win. 

On a podcast prior to the final captain's pick, Brandel Chamblee was advocating hard for Kyle Stanley over Tony Finau. His rationale was that the US was woefully low on guys that could find the fairway off the tee consistently, and that it was going to cost them big time given the course setup. I'm not the biggest Brandel fan out there, but I think he was spot on with that assessment. When I heard today that the most accurate player on the US squad wasn't even top 50 in fairway accuracy, it was pretty eye opening in light of the US struggles.

Other quick comments

- Mickelson vs. Molinari is the best case scenario for the US. In the other 11 matches, it's possible to see a path to 8 wins, but a lot of guys are going to have to step up

- Kudos to Webb and Bubba. Webb in particular was a whipping boy for a lot of people given how 2014 played out. But he was really solid today and I give him a fighter's chance tomorrow against Justin Rose

- I was sorry to see my fears about the Tiger/Reed pairing confirmed again today. I don't know what Furyk was thinking with that one. In fairness, Tiger is clearly a tough guy to pair since - for reasons unknown to me - he always seems to get the worst out of his partners. But I think any number of other teammates would have been a better fit for Reed. It won't shock me one bit when we see Reed return to his old Ryder Cup form and beat Hatton tomorrow.

- For any gamblers out there, it looks like you can get 10/1 odds on a USA victory. While I think it's very unlikely that the US gets 8 or more points tomorrow, I'm not sure it's far-fetched enough to be a 1 in 10 shot. 

We will see. Looking forward to another early wake up call tomorrow.

• Administrator

When Woods and Reed both tell you they want to play together, you’d have done the same thing @Big C. I think you’re over-estimating how autonomous Furyk can be.

I imagine this has been covered here, but if so I haven't seen it. Who designed the course? I didn't hear it mentioned it in the broadcast either. It looks for all the world like a Pete Dye  creation.

It’s all nonsense really, this hindsight analyzing. It’s golf and we just never really know how someone will play. Sergio was a gamble pick...and look. Reed is captain America...and look. We can all say Furyk this....Furyk that...but what it really comes down to is the Euros have played better golf than us. Period.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!