IGNORED

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

Note: This thread is 1017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well played team Europe, and well done Bjorn who obviously knows his stuff better than most of us give him credit for. Great tournament 👍

There is a classic management mistake known as "hoping for A while rewarding for B." As you note, we hope that our players will perform well on one type of course, while we select them based on their

I think the posts about it being an exhibition and players not caring is sour grapes.  The players care (especially the younger guys)  they just lost.  No excuses about it they just need to play bette

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Killa said:

Sergio ffs what are you doing???? Fairways and greens, fairways and greens. 

LOL, winning a hole with a bogey. 

BTW, I don't think anyone thought Bubba would get beaten worse than Phil today. 

LOL, Ricky pushing all his shots into the water now. 

Edited by RFKFREAK
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The handicap of having to take a player to France who can't seem to play good golf outside of the US (preferably the South).

And the foolishness of picking a fading superstar a couple of years away from the Champions' Tour.

Edited by ScouseJohnny
  • Thanks 1

That’s it then. Think Bjorn was pretty smart for putting Molinari and Stenson down there.

Mickelson what a stinker! Furyk will cop a load of stick for him playing like an orange.

Edited by Hazsa

This was a perfect storm against the US squad- bad play, bad captain-ing, and a course that we were really poorly suited for. 

Let’s just hope Phil and Bubba don’t somehow manage to eek on the 2020 team. 

• Thanks 1

Well played team Europe, and well done Bjorn who obviously knows his stuff better than most of us give him credit for.

Great tournament 👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't put much of this on Furyk. Even the in form players couldn't deliver. What's he going to do about that? This isn't football that requires constant play calling. There are no major lessons IMO, just disappointments. 

Euros showed up. Hats off to them. See you in 2020.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

This isn’t about the captains. They can’t play for players.

It’s not only about the captains but Furyk deserves his fair share of criticism here. Inevitably it’s the players that lost it but Furyk made some indefensible decisions along the way and for that he should be criticized.

45 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I wouldn't put much of this on Furyk. Even the in form players couldn't deliver. What's he going to do about that? This isn't football that requires constant play calling. There are no major lessons IMO, just disappointments. 

Euros showed up. Hats off to them. See you in 2020.

Agree. The only decision I think he may catch some heat for is the Phil pick. Other than that, hindsight is 20/20 with his matchups and pairings. But most of the players didn’t have it this week and I don’t think changing things up or playing Webb more like Johnny said he should have done would have changed the final outcome. Europe was just better. They kicked our butt. 17.5 to 10.5 is a butt whooping that's on the whole team, not just a player or two. Plain and simple.

Edited by ChrisP

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!