IGNORED

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

lastings
Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Woods, Mickelson, DeChambeau selected to U.S. Ryder Cup team.

Woods will no longer be a vice captain, though Furyk said he would continue to lean on his advice. Woods was an assistant at Hazeltine and at the Presidents Cup last fall at Liberty National in a U.S. route.

Furyk picked former world No. 1 David Duval to replace Woods. Furyk also said Zach Johnson and Matt Kuchar would fill out his lineup of vice captains, joining Davis Love III and Steve Stricker. 

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/09/04/tiger-woods-phil-mickelson-bryson-dechambeau-captains-picks-us-ryder-cup-team.html

No surprises there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Woods, Mickelson, DeChambeau selected

Sounds like US are happy .. so are we Euro's .. we're looking forward to Woods keeping to his normal Ryder Cup 4 ball form. Gives us a far better chance 😁

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Gettin Better said:

Sounds like US are happy .. so are we Euro's .. we're looking forward to Woods keeping to his normal Ryder Cup 4 ball form. Gives us a far better chance 😁

Once again, his form has generally been fine.

Be careful what you wish for.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Strokes Gained Rankings

Europe: 3rd, 8th, 9th, 17th, 19th, 22nd, 42nd

USA: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 24th, 30th, 39th

I suspect the European team will pick - Paul Casey, Henrik Stenson, and Ian Poulter .That would add a 20th, 23rd and 30th ranked to the list above.

Just in terms of strokes gained, I would give the edge to USA this year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Honestly don't know how you can defend taking Sergio with his recent form. Who knows, though. A motivated Sergio might show up and magically be on form and lay waste to the US team. But I feel like RCB deserved a pick over Sergio.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Moxley said:

Terrible picks from Byorn, he's just playing it safe with the older players. So disappointing.

FWIW the picks were:

• Paul Casey
  • Sergio Garcia
  • Ian Poulter
  • Henrik Stenson

Half of them are in pretty poor form right now and/or fighting injury.

Edge: US.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Honestly don't know how you can defend taking Sergio with his recent form. Who knows, though. A motivated Sergio might show up and magically be on form and lay waste to the US team. But I feel like RCB deserved a pick over Sergio.

Casey and Henrik are good picks.  The other two - well, the Ryder is really just a crap shoot on who's playing hot that week anyway - Sergio and Ian could go big either way.  Seems like legacy picks to me.

Bill - 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

Casey and Henrik are good picks.

Really? I don't know about that.

T69, T20, MC, T39, T35 in his last five events, and fighting an injury last I heard.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 10.12.14 AM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Really? I don't know about that.

T69, T20, MC, T39, T35 in his last five events, and fighting an injury last I heard.

y

You got me....I just like him when he's playing good.  The Open a couple years ago turned me into a fan.

Bill - 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

You got me....I just like him when he's playing good.  The Open a couple years ago turned me into a fan.

I'm a fan of Andy Van Slyke. Doesn't mean he's should play center field for the Pirates any time soon. 🙂

He and Sergio have been suffering lately.

3 hours ago, Gettin Better said:

... we're looking forward to Woods keeping to his normal Ryder Cup 4 ball form. Gives us a far better chance 😁

:surrender:

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Stenson, Casey an Poulter are good picks imho. Ok Henrik is fighting injury, thats a risk. The pick of Garcia is really bad. 7 missed cuts on his last 12 events. The guy is just not playing well enough. Praying he is not going to do a Westwoody.

Sergio?!?!?!?

• Like 1

- Steve

Driver: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917D2 (9.5*), 3/4 Wood: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917F2 (16*),
Hybridstaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Rescue Mid (19*) & :wilsonstaff: D100 (22*), 5i-PW, GWcobra.png.f5a0c3806c04153a74a3b11aaf4308b0.png F7 One Length
Wedges:wilsonstaff: PMP (54* & 58*), Puttertaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Spider Mini

So the teams right now:

USA:

1. Patrick Reed
  2. Brooks Koepka
  3. Dustin Johnson
  4. Justin Thomas
  5. Jordan Speith
  6. Rickie Fowler
  7. Bubba Watson
  8. Webb Simpson
  9. Tiger
  10. Phil
  11. Bryson DeChambeau
  12. TDB

Europe:

1. Tommy Fleetwood
  2. Alex Noren
  3. Ty Hatton
  4. Rory McIlroy
  5. Francesco Molinari
  6. Jon Rahm
  7. Thorbjorn Olessen
  8. Justin Rose
  9. Paul Casey
  10. Ian Poulter
  11. Sergio
  12. Henrik Stenson

USA team looks stronger, especially when you get past the top 4-ish guys on each team. If this were in the USA, I would be predicting a fairly big USA win. In Europe, it's going to be close. I would give the edge to the US, but this is a pretty good European team still. It's probably going to come down to how the rookies fair and whether an out of form player like Sergio or Bubba shows up.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

USA:  (total 145)

Patrick Reed  14
Brooks Koepka  2
Dustin Johnson  1
Justin Thomas  3
Jordan Speith  10
Rickie Fowler  9
Bubba Watson  13
Webb Simpson  19
Tiger  26
Phil  24
Bryson DeChambeau  7
TDB (Finau - unless he dislocates his ankle) 17

Europe: (total 216)

Tommy Fleetwood 12
Alex Noren  15
Ty Hatton  25
Rory McIlroy  8
Francesco Molinari  6
Jon Rahm  5
Thorbjorn Olessen  40
Justin Rose  4 
Paul Casey  16
Ian Poulter  33
Sergio  30
Henrik Stenson  22

OWGR rankings listed, with totals (not that totals really mean anything)

Players play, tough players win!

3 hours ago, Moxley said:

Terrible picks from Byorn, he's just playing it safe with the older players. So disappointing.

Dammit .... if Woods is fourballed up against García or Poulter then he's got a decent chance.. BAD choices Björn 😥😥

Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!